Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Organ Samples?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wendel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Organ Samples? Reply with quote

Hello to everybody

I'm a huge organ fan especially baroque and pipe organs. I absolutely love the pipe tutti's on the pa2x pro, but i'm looking to expand with more pipe and baroque organs and find some good organ samples if anyone knows where i can get them from?

Please post any links if you know of any sites.

Cheers.

Wendel
karen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Organ Samples? Reply with quote

Wendel wrote:
Hello to everybody

I'm a huge organ fan especially baroque and pipe organs. I absolutely love the pipe tutti's on the pa2x pro, but i'm looking to expand with more pipe and baroque organs and find some good organ samples if anyone knows where i can get them from?

Cheers.

Wendel

i don't know about sounds, but i read something about the addition of the 9th draw bar in the new OS. That should get you excited little bit.
TANIA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Organ Samples? Reply with quote

karen wrote:
Wendel wrote:
Hello to everybody

Cheers.

Wendel

i don't know about sounds, but i read something about the addition of the 9th draw bar in the new OS. That should get you excited little bit.

yeah, i read that on SYNTHZONE:

"Also new are the extremely efficient polyphony manager, the renewed chord abbreviation display system, the programmable Quarter Tone Scale Presets, the MP3 player assignable to the sub-outs, the pedal calibration procedure, and a ninth drawbar added to the Pa800."
mrkorg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about that too. I'm looking to add new samples to the already present factory samples.
iaoranaemaeva

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Organ Samples? Reply with quote

karen wrote:
(..) i read something about the addition of the 9th draw bar in the new OS. That should get you excited little bit.

Hmm, this missing 7th drawbar is not that essential, is it? We won't turn it down, however Wink

Alain
LightGreen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Organ Samples? Reply with quote

Wendel wrote:
Hello to everybody

Cheers.

Wendel

Hi Wendel,

I've come across this small site while looking for soundfonts.

http://brucemiles1.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/

It contains two organ sample sets in SF2 format. You will need sample conversion software like CDXtract or Creative Vienna to extract WAV files from SF2 soundfounts Cool
TommyF

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find another soundfont here:

http://www.jeuxdorgues.com/

Kind regards,
Tommy
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wendel,

You might want to review the organs produced by our "Korg Forums" forum owner - Sharp. His company, Irish Acts, sells many new sounds including the "Infinite Organ Assault" package of sounds for the Pa1x/ Pa2x. There are 56 organs ... demo and shopping site here:

http://www.irishacts.com/ezypal/index.php?do=catalog&c=korg_triton_%2526_pa_series_libraries&i=infinite_organ_assault.

Best regards,
Rob
Wendel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thankyou for the links guys. I am not familiar with sampling or converting files from one format to another if you can help me with this.

Lightgreen, can you teach me how to do these conversions.

Cheers

Wendel
Wendel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it explain in the manual?

Cheers

Wendel
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The demo version of Awave Studio will allow you to convert 1 SF2 at a time to Triton Format. So you could convert the data that way and import the Triton format into the Pa2X under the Sampling MDOE.

Regards.
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wendel wrote:
Does it explain in the manual?

Cheers

Wendel

Sampling is convered in the Manual, but converting files from one format to another will be convered in the manual of the progarm your going to use to do the work.

Regards.
Sharp.
TommyF

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Sampling is convered in the Manual

More exactly in the Advanced Edit manual which you can find on the cd that came with your Pa2x or you can download it here:

http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/pdf/pa2x/Pa2X-100AE-ENG.pdf

Kind regards,
Tommy
Wendel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The demo version of Awave Studio will allow you to convert 1 SF2 at a time to Triton Format. So you could convert the data that way and import the Triton format into the Pa2X under the Sampling MDOE.

Which Triton format do you mean?
LightGreen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wendel wrote:
Quote:

Which Triton format do you mean?

That's KMP format. As far as I remember in the trial version of Awave Studio you can open an sf2 file, expand the sound node, select one layer, and save it as a KMP file. There will be one KMP file with sample mapping and a folder with pcm files. Left/right channels are in different layers, so you will have to export them separately. Each KMP file can then be imported by PA800 as a multisample.
There is also a possibility to export all samples as wav-files with Creative Vienna (if you own a Creative soundcard).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: