Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Urgent help needed for PA800 random vibrato.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hitman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

You need to contact Korg's 1-800 number to obtain a P/N. After that you will need to call an independent dealer at 1-480 820 5411, to place the part on order. I guess Korg sub-contracts their parts dept.

I can guarantee that they will not have the part available!

I inquired today about a power switch cap and they told me it would take between 8-10 weeks for it to arrive. Shocked

Hopefully I am going to have my second pa800 sold tomorrow, and than back to Roland!

Life is good!
grampa800

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Urgent help needed for PA800 random vibrato. Reply with quote

Trevor and Lee, (and all interested)
We are kind of in the same boat. I'm a former Roland (KF-90S and V-synth), then Yamaha (PSR3000 and Tyros2) guy. Zero problems for the past seven years. I kept selling or trading in looking for lighter weight, better sounds and performance and easier, less costly upgrade so the PA800 seemed to be a great choice. I still think it is a really good concept but will be skeptical for quite awhile about what else may go wrong even after it is fixed.
I'm sending all the details about the repair issues to Korg support today.
Thanks again,
Jim (still smiling) Smile
grampa800

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Urgent help needed for PA800 random vibrato. Reply with quote

Hitman,
Thank you for the info. Since this is a warranty repair I can't take actions myself but will pass this on to the dealer and repair shop which may help them.
Thank you kindly,
Jim Smile
Arash

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grampa800: Here are some excerpts from my postings during a serious problem with my Pa800.

Feb 08: .....Putting things in prospective, one rightfully expects a sophisticated piece of machinery to perform to the expected level. I am overly pissed off over the fact that I use only 10% of this keyboard intended potentials at the most, and yet have that much problems. This translates into a simple function as turning the instrument on, load a set on occasions (yes I know, no global, no songbook), play for an hour and simply turning it off. Now, I am wondering what kind of problems would I had faced if I like some of the real knowledgeable individuals on this forum had simply tried to test some of the functions other than Trun on/off and/or pushed this KB to its limit of advertised capabilities. Here in the Korg USA, there are some rude nitwits that give you a run around instead of listening and solving your problems. They have introduced several repair centers for your location to find out only a couple of them do preferential repairs for their own customers and yet their technicians have no experience nor familiarity with the instrument or its functions. So, at the end, my enthusiasm turned into a big disappointment. ...

This is another post: .....Jan 08:Dear Paolo: This is a genuine complain regarding my Pa800 keyboard. I am writing this letter to express my frustration with the Korg USA and their associated repair centers. I hope this letter brings to your attention the real problem that some of us as customer are facing. Unfortunately, lack of technical competency, and insensitivity to customer’s demand is the main problem. I had problems with my new PA800 and left it with Korg recommended repair center for 6 weeks. One could imagine the extent of calamity if my livelihood was dependent upon this keyboard. I enthusiastically bought my Pa800 last August and have not used it more than 20 hours all together. The Korg USA web page identified 6 Centers for repair in my area. Only two out of six accepted keyboard for repair. Both centers claimed years of experience with electronics but not with korg KB nor the PA 800 at all. The technician at the first center, made it very clear from the beginning that doing warranty work was not a priority since I hadn’t bought my instrument from them and the hard time they had with Korg USA for payment. I was demanded to pay for repair and to be reimbursed later. To make story short, my KB is partially fixed but I have the following problem with it. The person in technical support at Korg USA is a total nitwit who doesn’t understand the problems and replies with B.S. I called the customer service seeking advice, I was told that they will investigate and would get back to me.

Conclusion: I hope you get the message. I had a happy ending with KORG sending me a new KB. The repair center will keep your KB for another 6 month without repairing it. Try to get a new one from Korg.
Good luck, Arash
macboy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First important thing: Grampa's problem is NOT Korg's fault, it is the fault of the dealer who SOLD the Korg !

This is totally unheard of. I would immediately take legal action towards your dealer, who (1) lied to you by mentioning that the part was on order, whilst in fact they have not ordered it yet and (2) cannot find the part number of the joystick.

This is NOT your problem. I would immediately ask for a new PA800 while they repair your old one. If they do not deliver, take legal steps.

I would never approve with such stupidity. You have consumer rights and they are just playing with you.

But I cannot see why this should be the fault of Korg in your story.
grampa800

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Urgent help needed for PA800 random vibrato. Reply with quote

Arash, Macboy,
Your feedback and concerns are appreciated.
Arash, it sounds as if you must have gone through quite an ordeal with your keyboard problem but please let's try to refrain from posting anything resembling profanity no matter how upset we may have been. It can only detract from the overall value of this forum.

Macboy, I tend to agree with you about Korg. This malfunction developed all on it's own starting intermittently, after about two months of use so it isn't as if Korg shipped out a defective product. The real problem is that a routine fix is escalating into something worse, apparently due to some rather lacking communication between the dealer, the repair facility and/or perhaps Korg. At any rate, I'm not so much interested in who's to blame as I am in getting my keyboard back in good working order as quickly as possible. If I can move the process along toward a positive outcome by helping each party communicate so be it. Hopefully, everyone involved can learn from this and each improve their business practices in the future and the customer won't have to waste time getting so deeply involved.

I still believe the PA800 is a great concept and hope it proves out to be durable enough.

Thank you,
grampa jim Smile
Lee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macboy,
RIGHT ON!
It's time this kind of crap went away.

Korg should pull the dealership of any dealer/service center that can't cut it!

Lee
grampa800

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Urgent help needed for PA800 random vibrato. Reply with quote

Hi Lee (and everyone who has responded),
Your comments have been very supportive and I just want to say thanks to you and all the others.
Yesterday, Korg contacted both the repair center and the dealer to get to the bottom of this. I understand from the dealer that the correct parts are now on order and they are also prepared to replace my PA800 with a new one if there is any kind of hold up such as a backorder situation on the parts etc. .
Will keep you posted on how I make out.
Thanks again to all,
grampa jim Smile
Farah

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,

I tell you what, I was going to buy a KORG PA 2 X and maybe an M3 after all I liked about PA800. Fortunately after run around the issues with this keyboard, I have it replaced with a new one ...

I contacted them several times they refered me to their local service centers... and guess what, although I had WARRANTY the service centers were asking for SERVICE money.. they said only parts are free under warranty...

The second said 8 weeks before we even start looking at ur keyboard.

Third said WHAT pa800 what is that?

Fourth whom seemed to be a nice guy said: We do not fix the keyboards ourselves, we send it to a third party vendor who works on keyboards.. I can not give you an estimate of how long it will take before it is fixed.

Their customer service simply SUX.. the people in KORG USA are RUDE and they think they are the CUSTOMERS and we have SOLD them CRAP, and we HAVE NO RIGHTS ... You call them there was JUST 1 friendly voice over the course of 2 weeks that I been calling them .. only 1

Normally in any business Customer comes first, but in KORG USA ... BUSINESS COMES FIRST, RUDENESS COMES AFTER THAT...

I still love the features the keyboard has, but HATE the jackasses in KORG USA...

They need to change some of their employees, bring some manners into them, start some training classes, even to Supervisors level.

I am just NOT SURE, about ANY KORG products anymore.

Farah
grampa800

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Urgent help needed for PA800 random vibrato. Reply with quote

Hi to all,
So guess what. Today the dealer gave me a brand new PA800. Yeah!!
Jim Smile Very Happy Laughing
Lee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grampa800,

Super...that's service!

I certainly believe Korg USA (Jerry) is supporting us very well, Thanks Jerry.

Lee
grampa800

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Urgent help needed for PA800 random vibrato. Reply with quote

Hi Lee,
You are so right.
And a huge thank you to Jerry too.
By the way I loaded OS2 last night and briefly played around with a couple of styles. The overall enhancements are nothing short of amazing. It's hard to decribe. Way to go Korg!
Thank you,
Jim Very Happy
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're certainly welcome guys. No need to call me out each time, it's not just me doing this, plenty of good people at Korg USA are involved.

Enjoy your music-making!

regards,

Jerry
Lee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,
We are a good bunch here...and we can sure complain when things need fixing...BUT, we also can and want to give credit to those that help so much!

We may ask a lot of Korg...but we are also loyal customers for the long term!

Thanks, to you and all the others behind the scene in your operation!
Lee
K W Austin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had similar problems cause by a fault in the joystick pots. The only real solution is to 1. disconnect the joystick by opening the keyboard and pulling out the connector, which will disable to stick but at least stop the random vibrato, and 2. replacing the pots or even the entire stick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: