Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Triton EXB-MOSS versus Clavia Nordlead??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Korg Triton EXB-MOSS versus Clavia Nordlead?? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just wondering how MOSS does compare to a Clavia Nordlead ?
Can MOSS recreate Nordlead sounds ?

Did someone of you manage to get similar sounds to the Nordlead one (bass, pads, leads)?

Regards,
Milter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Triton EXB-MOSS versus Clavia Nordlead?? Reply with quote

chris wrote:
Hi all,

Just wondering how MOSS does compare to a Clavia Nordlead ?
Can MOSS recreate Nordlead sounds ?

Did someone of you manage to get similar sounds to the Nordlead one (bass, pads, leads)?

Regards,

In principle you should be able to recreate the sounds of the NL with the MOSS. If you have the NL look at all the settings and recreate it on MOSS. This is very tedious but should be a sollution if you have like 3 sounds you need to carry with you on a triton.

However I belive the NL have way more voices than MOSS also IMHO the NL sounds better. but comparing the two is not fair to MOSS since it offers many other interesting features, such as the different modulation forms.

I have some nice presets for soft synths that I often recreate on my triton. But rarely I use MOSS for this. I will usualy sample the basic wave from the soft synth (or from the original analog version if I have access to it) and then add the modulators like LFO, ADSR, Filters and effects. This is really where the beauty of a sampler comes in Cool If there is a sound where a specific wild filters is needed (Could be a bass sound from a SH-101) just sample the SH-101 WITH its own filter. - I love samplers!

I would recomend to try a recreation with the MOSS own basic waveforms. If you are not satesfied, try sampling the NL wave forms. Still not satesfied sample the entire NL sound.

The downside of sampling the entire sound is lack of controllers (like variable filters and LFOs) but if we're talking a pad I guess it would be all right.

Do you have a NL available?
Spider PRO stand
chris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
Unfortunately, I don't have a NordLead Crying or Very sad . So, I've no possibility to sample it except if somebody would have already done it.

Cheers,
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Triton EXB-MOSS versus Clavia Nordlead?? Reply with quote

chris wrote:
Just wondering how MOSS does compare to a Clavia Nordlead ? Can MOSS recreate Nordlead sounds ?

I have both MOSS (in Karma) and NL2x on one desk and they complimenting each other well. The Moss always sounds bigger, harsher and smoother. That made me like it better for mimicking vintage tone such as bass and lead. The 2x sounds on the edgier side, with punchier osc and more sparkling hi freq which I like better for some modern sounding lead tone. The MOSS engine has 2 osc structure which is capable of doing most of what the NL could, but of course with different tonality. There's even a collection of 1200 NL patches to Triton MOSS format downloadable here.
Korg: Wavedrum/Mini/Global, MS-20m, Volca Beats/Bass/Key, Trinity Pro, Karma + Moss Board, 01R/W, Wavestation/SR/EX, microKORG XL, Kaossilator Pro, iKaossilator, Kaoss Pad Quad, Monotribe, Monotron/duo/delay, DS-10, Korg Collection V2, Korg Gadget, microKEY25
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

Thanks a lot for your comments and for the link.
I had already a try at this lib but although it is already a big amount of work behind, it is not quite useful as some parameters (volume, etc.) do not appear to be set properly.

Regards, Wink
elevated

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystalmsc,

Wait a minute... did you say the the MOSS sounds both Harsher, and Smoother?! Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MOSS Option All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: