Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio In Set up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lifeinbalance

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Audio In Set up Reply with quote

Please help!! I have a gig tomorrow (2-29)and need help with this set-up.
What I want to do is very basic and simple but I can't find a simple solution.
I want to input or run another synth (moog voyager) into the M3 and have it be routed through the m3's internal effects hopefully on it's own channel.

I want to plug my other synth (or any instrument) into the line inputs of the m3 and do internal mixing and processing.
Is "global" the only way to do this.
What's the best way to do this. Afterwards do I then need to save my changes to the patch?
thanks for your help.
s
http://lifeinbalancemusic.com
http://myspace.com/soundhealer
http://cdbaby.com/cd/lifeinbalance
r12

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can make a global patch applied to audio inputs in global settings mode

or

you can make a special routing in any program / combi (by desactivate the box : use global settings) and save it for each prog / combi Very Happy
dunomusic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:40 am    Post subject: Can I use inputs 1 & 2 as an external audio source? Reply with quote

Hello,
Very new to this (both Korg M3M and music in general!)

How can I use (or assign) the inputs 1 & 2 as an aux-in so I can hear music from my tablet and practice on the keyboard at the same time? Right now, my tablet plugs into the inputs 1&2 but there is no sound (mixing from my tablet & keyboard) to my headphone!

Please advise,

Thank you
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simplest way is in Global Page P0, to set the Input to Analog, and the Input 1 and Input 2 need to be set to Play (not Mute). Set Pan for Input 1 to L000, and for Input 2 to R127. The L and R will appear automatically, as the numeric value goes above or below centre pan (Pan value 064).

Then, in the Program or Combi being used, Edit Page P0, ensure that for the Input, the Use Global Setting box is checked.

The audio input sensitivity (Line/Mic) and level will need to be set appropriately on the rear panel.

Alternatively, settings can be made on a per Program or per Combi basis on the Page P0, Sampling/AudioIn tab. Uncheck the Use Global Settings box, and assign the Audio ins for Input 1 and Input 2 to L/R. The audio input signals will be sent to the L/R signal bus. Ensure Pan is set to L000 for Input 1 and R127 for Input 2 to use the audio input 1 and 2 signals as left and right, respectively.

BrendanG
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The simplest way is in Global Page P0, to set the Input to Analog, and the Input 1 and Input 2 need to be set to Play (not Mute).

Hi. I’m just doing a search on this subject because in global page 0 the inputs are both on mute and will not turn off no matter what changes I make on the page to other items, can anyone tell me what the best way is to turn them off the mute setting. Thank you
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to make changes to the Global audio in settings, check that the Program or Combi, (or Sequencer mode) being used, before going into Global mode, has the Audio mode set to "Use Global Setting". (Prog/Combi 0–7a, Seq 0–1–7a).

Also, check that, in the Control Assign button column, the "Mixer" function is selected. The top row buttons 1 and 2, i.e. in the "Mix Play/Mute (Solo)" group, should allow you to change the input status.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: