Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New To Synths - Setup Question.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackwhite

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: New To Synths - Setup Question. Reply with quote

Hello,

So I'm completely new to synthesizers, samplers, and all of this stuff. I'd like to think I'm getting there, I've been at my computer for about two days now just researching. I've decided on two pieces of equipment, the MicroKorg and the KAOSS Pad KP3.

http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?A_PROD_NO=KP3
KAOSS Pad

http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?a_prod_no=microKORG&category_id=1
MicroKorg

My friend also has a Boss BR-600 that he says he can sell me

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-BR-600-Digital-Recorder-103807996-i1125995.gc
Boss BR-600

My question is this, with the MicroKorg hooked up to the KP3, will I be able to lay down individual loops using the MicroKorg, and then save them separately to KP3's Sample Bank. Once this is done I can move over to the KP3, play the loop/loops I want, using the effects and such to create music, obviously. I can also use the MicroKorg to add in sounds as well. So this is more of me trying to get confirmation of this setup before I go out and buy the pieces.
If I didn't explain what I'd like to do clearly enough I'm sorry. Also if I'm missing the point of the KP3 I would understand that as well.
Any and all help is appreciated

Thank you!
Psykiatrisk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey.

First of all, I have not used any of the two pieces of equipment that you are talking about. But I slightly know what they do. Maybe it's good to know what kind of music you are willing to produce. Don't you need any rhythm boxes? I think you can make good music in the way you expect, but if you'd like to throw some rhythm in the mix, you will need an ER-1, ES-1 or ESX to do that. I really love the way of programming these machines. Maybe you can think about an EMX instead of the Microkorg, since it has a sequencer and lots of sounds including synths and rhythm, so you can compose whatever you want instead of sampling every phrase you'd like to playback.
Anyhow, you can always buy these machines to try them out.. You can sell them for around the same price if you don't like them. (in case of second hand)

Hope I've been of some help to you.
Good luck in finding the right stuff to fullfill your wishes.

Greets,

Ivo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: