Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problems with PBS-TRI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sh09

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: problems with PBS-TRI Reply with quote

Hello, i'am french so i ask you to be cool with my language!!
i have a probleme with my trinity plus (with card PBS TRI). When i switch on the synthetizer, the screen light on but the OS make 15 second to start.
When the OS is started, i have the bank A, B, C, D and S but all sounds prog or combi !!except for the bank S!! are damaging (crack, of the sounds).
I try to disconnect the card PBS tri, test is OK! I have just bank A,B and S. I try to connect the card on my other trinity, the probleme is the same. So i think the probleme is on the card.
Could you help me to repair this card? do you have the pcb ou electric plan of this??
thanks
Nobbi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will send you the circuit diagram of the PBS-TRI via PM. But a warning: Unless you are very experienced in (de-)soldering SMD devices, have the necessary equipment and, if required, access to replacement parts, you shouldn't attempt to repair anything on that board. There's not much more than those 4 Flash ROMs on it and I doubt that the few standard parts (resistors etc.) on the board can be responsible for the symptoms you describe. So IF there's something damaged it's probably one of the Flash ROMs.

I would have suspected that the two 1 MBit static RAMs which are inserted on the mainboard are a more likely cause for your problems (they store the bank parameters). But since your S bank seems to be ok I doubt it, because those RAMs also expand the S bank. Anyway, if you bought a used PBS-TRI, you might want to check whether they are of the right type. Refer to the pictures in this thread for comparison. Especially look for the extension of the part number, it indicates the acces time of the RAMs. A wrong value here might lead to problems. Allowed values according to the part list are -70L and -85L. Also try to only remove the board, not the RAMS and check if the problems remain.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: