Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SCSI to USB Cable Vista works

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luischardon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: SCSI to USB Cable Vista works Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I was doing some reading a while back on some threads about what SCSI to USB cable to use for my Triton Studio and since the Adaptec one is not sold anymore I saw a lot of people trying to get one to work.

I just bought a U2SCX USB2.0 to Ultra SCSI Converter from Ratoc Systems and I installed it on my Vista laptop and it worked like a charm on the first try. That is, installed drivers, plugged cable to Triton, switched Triton to target mode, rebooted Triton, plugged USB end of cable to laptop, Vista recognized it as a Mass Storage Device and voila!

It has drivers for XP, Vista and Mac. A little pricey, cost me $99 but It works like a charm and it looks well put together, no like the ones I saw on ebay that looked cheap and didn't say anything about Vista support.

My two cents.

Luis
soulidstate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Luis,

What is the cable adapter for?Is it to see the Studio as a storage device by the PC or is it the other way around. I was thinking that the adapter can serve as a USB port where you can plug in a USB drive as storage just like that of the Extreme's.

Thanks
luischardon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

It is for seeing your korg's hd as an external device on a PC
ragedriven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i have one, it lets you drag/drop files into st88 internall hdd, .wav files you want to resample with effects, i have one included in my buy sell post
tmann

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: scsi to usb Reply with quote

Hi Luis/Rage/Soul,

I just purchased the ratoc u2scx, what do I need for my triton to connect the ratoc?
glenno

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at buying this Ratoc USB > SCSI convertor cable, and wonder if it is necessary to buy the power pack at the same time? Can anybody who is using the ratoc cable tell me if the green led is lit while using the cable without the power pack. In other words, is the SCSI powering the connection?
ligasd

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, see for my thread " New Flash SSD - Solid State Disc + SCSI connection to PC " . SCSI to SCSI is better and stably solution for work with HD on TS.

I have Ratoc Converter, but is always problem when startup PC (new hadrware detected.. etc.)

try :
new Flash IDE Solid State Disc 2,5" (SSD Flash Disc), it´s 100% compatible with old mechanic hard drives.
I have this: www.transcendusa.com/Products/ModDetail.asp?ModNo=100&LangNo=0&Func1No=1&Func2No=171 ,
and www.adaptec.com/en-US/products/Controllers/Hardware/scsi/entry/AVA-2930LP/ for connect to PC. (+ 3m SCSI 50 pin cable )
AlexanderSabillon82

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola necesito saber si puedo conectar un lector de tarjetas SD hd interno en mi triton studio v2 es este de esta página http://dx.com/es/p/sdhc-sd-card-to-ce-ide-50pin-adapter-converter-16gb-max-37515#.UvJ4MhMtFSh
steveyoung29

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had more recent experience of SCSI to USB working in current Windows 10 for Triton Studio?
Thanks,
Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: