Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i30 operating system

View previous topic :: View next topic  
malasjo

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: i30 operating system Reply with quote

i have korg i30 when i turn on the power the screen show only the boot screen,i tried to load the operating system to the keyboard, but every time it show on the screen insert B file, i can not load A file, every time i hold the KEYBOARD MAIN and BACKING SEQUENCE then power on the keyboard.

the keyboard do not load the A file.

can any body help me with this.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi malasjo

Please see my response:-

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34048

Both files A & B are on the first disk.....

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
malasjo

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for this, but my problem is my keyboard did not prompt for A file when I hold down both main and back.sec the keyboard shows a white screen only, so I think that there is something in the main board.

but when I hold down both drum and back.seq the key board prompt for B file only, when I insert the first disk the keyboard load the B files then asked for the C files, when the keyboard fished the system reboot and I have only the boot screen on the keyboard with 2.1.3 showing on the screen.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

Unfortunately, if you interrupt an OS upgrade on any of the "i-series" keyboards, it can leave the keyboard unusable. If this is the case, the only solution is to take it to a Korg Service engineer and have the chip replaced (will cost money - not sure how expensive...).

Korg warn about this and specify in their upgrade instructions that the keyboard must NOT be touched until the update has completely finished else it can damage the keyboard.

I sincerely hope that this is not the case for you but if you are not getting the correct prompt when following the correct upgrade procedures I am not too hopeful that you will succeed.
I am not sure why you are using buttons "...drum and Backing Seq"????? Where did you hear/read about using those keys?

Good luck - let me know how you get on....

Pete Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg i-Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: