Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacement power supply for N5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrokenByDesign

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Replacement power supply for N5 Reply with quote

After at least 10 years of trusty service, the power supply on my N5 has today finally given up. I know its knackered cos the PSU from my TR61 makes the N5 work as normal............
Its a Model KA149 9v 2200ma.

Hmmm. I've been looking on various websites and this power supply don't seem to exsist anymore........
The PSU from my TR61 (KA169E) has the same four pin round plug but its a 3000ma supply. Now while it made the N5 work I don't know if thats OK for the long term or will it blow the N5??????

Is the higher rated PSU OK or should I still be looking for a 2200ma PSU

And who is a reputable supplier cos my local SoundControl shop has gone in administration..............

Thanks guys!!!!!!
BrokenByDesign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

................. and the answer to the question (according to Korg Service) is yes, the higher output PSU is OK and its the one they sell as a replacement for the N5........

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: