Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chemistry/Reincarnation for the TR?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiayviel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Chemistry/Reincarnation for the TR? Reply with quote

Hello!
Are there any plans/ETA on making those KARMAfied Combis available for the Korg TR? Or is there something that makes it impossible/difficult to convert them? I'm way blue on the KARMA topic so I honestly wouldn't know:)
I'm thinking of getting the software, but would love to buy a packet of all at the same time:)

Rgds,
Stephen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, the TR is without KARMA technology, and therefore unable to take advantage of what Chemistry offers.
Sad
Sorry.
Regards,
http://cdbaby.com/all/jstephenfoster

Location Central U.S.A.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: Chemistry/Reincarnation for the TR? Reply with quote

Tiayviel wrote:
Hello!
Are there any plans/ETA on making those KARMAfied Combis available for the Korg TR? Or is there something that makes it impossible/difficult to convert them? I'm way blue on the KARMA topic so I honestly wouldn't know:)

Here is the reason why we don't currently support the Triton Le or TR for our sound sets, such as Chemistry and Reincarnation:

The Triton LE/Korg TR has 1 CPU chip. All of the other Tritons (and the Karma) have 2 CPU chips. That's why the LE/TR is such a "bargain". However, the additional CPU chip is used for 4 more Insert Effects, for a total of 5 IFX. The Le/TR has 1 IFX.

So, while it is possible to load regular Triton and Karma sounds into the Le/TR, you lose whatever settings relate to the additional 4 IFX. This can greatly change the sound of the Combi or Program.

For the "Karma Factory Preload" sounds that you get with the KT software (384 Combis and 384 Programs), we laboriously went through every patch and edited them to sound as close as possible to the original, with the limitation of the 1 IFX.

So you could purchase Chemistry and Reincarnation, and you could load them into the Le/TR, and maybe some of the sounds would be "OK", but we haven't undertaken the process of manually editing each one to sound good with the missing IFX. All of the KARMA grooves and assignments would work, but the sound of the drums, basses, and other parts might be somewhat compromised.

Unfortunately, I can't see that we will be able to properly edit all of the sounds to work with the Triton LE/TR, because of the immense effort involved, and the rather tiny interest exhibited by LE/TR owners to date. But we will keep it in mind. Note that you still get 384 Programs and 384 Combis with the KARMA Triton software to start with. And if you truly wanted to, you could buy the additional sets and see what the "auto conversion" would do. (When you try to load a file meant for the 5 IFX Tritons in the KT software, it alerts you to the fact that they need to be converted, and then you get a choice of two different means of conversion, both of which remove 4 of the 5 IFX. So you would still have the combis and KARMA grooves, but they wouldn't sound as good as they normally do. But still perhaps useful.)

StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:
Sadly, the TR is without KARMA technology, and therefore unable to take advantage of what Chemistry offers.

Actually, all Tritons are without the KARMA Technology, but the KARMA Triton Software that we sell allows you to have the same KARMA engine on your computer instead. So the question here was whether or not the additional sound sets that we sell will work with the TR and Le models (as explained above). Thanks!

Tiayviel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, both Stephens Very Happy
In this case I guess I'll first get familiar with the basic KT offer and if the craving persists, try out the 5->1 for the Chem/Rein. Thanks again for the informative answer:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: