Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is TriEditPro worth buying?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woody

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Is TriEditPro worth buying? Reply with quote

If you are using Sound Tower's TriEditPro then please let me know what you think of it. My main interest is in using its 'mixing desk' GUI for tweaking levels and effects of songs in the sequencer, so if anyone has experience of that I would really like to hear about it. (I did try the demo but the sequencer features are pathetically crippled).

Please also tell me about ease of use as it seems a little quirky to me. Any experiences with their technical support? Is the program reliable? Are there any features which are obviously lacking? Overall, do you recommend it? (...or do you recommend some other product?)

Thanks in advance for your responses, especially if you answer all the questions I asked!
michelet

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woody

Unfortunately I don't know how Sound Tower's TriEditPro works, because I'm a Mac user-
But, I was really disappointed when one people from Sound Tower took me for a ride telling me that a Mac version of TriEditPro would have been ready in the next future...
After several insnstent mail another one from Sound Tower told me that Mac version of TriEditPro wasn't absolutely in their plans.

Thus.... think about this annoying incident I had.
hacksaw15

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use TritonEditPro and find it very useful. You ask about the mixer and that is the main reason I use it. I haven't had any problems with it where I needed tech support. When the updated version came out you are allowed to update with no charge. Overall I do recommend it. It beats trying to use that little screen on the keyboard.
woody

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: I went ahead and payed my money Reply with quote

OK so I took a chance and bought it. Finished the PayPal transaction a few minutes ago. So far they have not sent an email with the registration info. I would have thought these things would be instant, after all, PayPal gave them my money pretty quickly! Wondering how long I should wait.
woody

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: License arrived ! Reply with quote

Yay!
Bravo!

Just as I finished the previous post the email arrived containing my registration info and a link to updated EXE.

Now to get busy with this software. I'm excited! Like a kid with a new toy! Wheeeee!
elevated

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know how you like it, when you're ready! I'm interested as well...
sonaroid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I payed for reg code yesterday, now it's monday afternoon and no sign of reply from them. Sent them email, will see...
elevated

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... keep us posted here!
sonaroid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Right, just checked email and there it was - registration code and link.

Lets see how the program works...
sonaroid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it works... Not the most elegant inerface in the world, but functional. It definitely does what it's suppose to do: you can edit programs, combis, 16-part seq setup, drum kits and collect new data in the libraries. In the Seq setup, it's very eazy to mix parts, adjust levels, pan and FX sends.

But there are some glitches. Although it's special TR, not Triton version, it still shows 5 insert effects and 4 indiv outs, whereas TR has only 1 IFX and 2 indiv outs. In Combi and Seq modes you can't select GM drum Kits from the list, because they're not there. Selecting GM DKit manually on the keyboard freezes TR Editor. There is no mouse-scrolling for patch and FX lists.

Is it worth bying? Yes, it is. Is it worth 50 dollars? Overall, it looks and feels a little bit more like shareware program... But maybe I'm too choosy.

=========

Almost forgot... Very cool feature: it can create Cakewalk Ins file and also instrument name file for Cubase.
elevated

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... and I'm looking at $90 for my Extreme with MOSS. Sounds like they might want to lower their prices a bit.

What do you mean by collect new data in the libraries?
ggm1960

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious about the SoundTower program too. I've always preferred to use computer programs for editing my synths and I have the SoundTower program for my Korg X5D. It's a little cheap looking but appears to do what it should. I could never get combis to send external program change messages but that's a different story.

I don't have a TR model yet but it's likely to happen soon and so I'd be interested if a new one comes with any software at all?

I'd prefer to use my Macbook Pro at this point but I also use PCs. I don't suppose there's any editor/librarian programs for OSX?

Does the SoundTower program communicate with the TR through the USB port then?
sonaroid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, TR comes with no software whatsoever. This is strange nowadays in the era of hardware/software intergation. Even little MicroX comes with editor in plugin form!

And yes, it will communicate through USB as though any other MIDI interface.
paul_courville

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own TriEdit Pro.
As others have pointed out it, is a vast improvement from using the small LCD csreen to edit your programs and combinations.
I enjoy writing techno and trance.
So I start with those types of sounds and experiment from there.
It usually only takes a few minutes to come up with something equally trippy.

Tri-Edit Pro? Money well spent.

Paul
DemonTraitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul_courville wrote:
I own TriEdit Pro.
As others have pointed out it, is a vast improvement from using the small LCD csreen to edit your programs and combinations.
I enjoy writing techno and trance.
So I start with those types of sounds and experiment from there.
It usually only takes a few minutes to come up with something equally trippy.

Tri-Edit Pro? Money well spent.

Paul

Does it make editing ARPs easier?

Thanks
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: