Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which is better for the road?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpm938

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Which is better for the road? Reply with quote

I've got my triton extreme 88 that I take to practice every week and to all gigs big or small. I'm looking for a lighter 61 key keyboard that is easier to take out all the time for practice and smaller gigs instead of lugging this extreme beast everywhere as well as something that is a little easier on the wallet as opposed to another extreme. Plus it will make me feel better to leave the extreme in the studio where it won't get as much wear on it. I need to be able to take the sounds that I make from my extreme and take them with me. I'm looking at getting the 61 korg TR. It is the most similar to the extreme with it's HI synthesis, dual arpeggiators, RPPR etc. and it has the sampling option which I assume is needed to input sounds into the keyboard. When I have a bigger gig I can bring both the TR and the extreme they should sound good together. Does it really only have 1 insert effect? That seems kind of limiting especially for combis.

The other option I'm looking at is getting a triton rack, that I believe has a sampler in it, and just using a controller keyboard so that in the future I can get other racks and just mix and match according to my liking. What do you think is a better setup? And do you suggest a different keyboard other than the TR or a different rack other than the triton?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: