Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Z1 timing problem 100bpm is not 100bpm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarazen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Z1 timing problem 100bpm is not 100bpm Reply with quote

Guys, Im using the arpeggiator on this ol clunker but there seems to be a timing issue... the BPM /temp of the arpeggiator is not what it says it is. I could be being a nub here, but I dont think so. On the screen it will say 100 bpm, then I would put my other gear on 100 but the z1 time seems to slow down and lose synch.

Anyone got a clue what's going on?

Thanks.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you want to sync with other midi gear you have use one device as the actual Tempo source and set all others to External Midi clock so they will receive Clock Pulses from the master..and be locked in Synchronization

You set the tempo on your master source and all the slaves will follow

It doesn't work simply by setting all the gear to the same tempo value internally on the seperate devices as they are all running from there own seperate clock pulses,they need a global timing pointer from one single Midi clock source and they will Lock with that.

Think of it like 3 cars all driving parallel with each other,they may stay at the same speed and their speedos read the same Speed but due to being driven independently of each other they may not always be level with each other,but if you have one car towing the others and they only move when the first car moves they will stay moving at the same speed all the time and in line
Sarazen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Kontrol ill give that a go Smile thanks for the reply mate!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: