Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't get KP3 to send midi clock

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtySanchez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Can't get KP3 to send midi clock Reply with quote

Hi all. I've scoured the internet looking for a solution to this problem with no success. I've also tried all the various combinations of software settings, and I've read the manual several times. I just can't get it to work.
I'm using a PC laptop with an m-audio ozone keyboard connected via usb, and I got my KP3 hooked up via usb too. When I set my KP3s clock to external, it picks up sync from cubase, but what I really want to do is have the KP3 as the master dictating the tempo, specifically to reason4. Reason4 recognizes the KP3, and even accepts midi controls, but doesn't sync to the KP3s tempo. Anyone have this problem before?
Cheers
dayuri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have the same problem. For the life of me I can't figure it out, and there is nothing about it in the manual from what I can see, but I haven't checked the updated manual, though On the website it says it CAN do it.

If anyone could point us in the right direction that would be a great help.
zalo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

page 130 in the reason manual
fortycoats

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm 99% sure the kp3's clock has to be set to internal for this to work
DirtySanchez

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did exactly what it says to do on page 130 of the manual, and the KP3s clock is set to internal, but in reason when I select options/sync/midi clock, the tempo value in the transport goes to zero and I can't press "play" in this mode. The instructions say to start playback from your master device, in this case the KP3, but there is no "play" button on the KP3, and you can't assign a midi control to the play button in reason. But more importantly, tempo isn't changeable. If I run a pattern on the redrum drum computer, and change the tempo on the KP3, there's no change in reason. Has anyone got reason synced to the KP3?
matt_n

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This DOES work... off the top of my head, you have to go into External Control mode, where you can assign any of the pads or buttons to send a start/stop/continue message (might have to use the KP3 Editor program to do this).

Once this is done, when you want to start your external gear you go into external mode, press which ever key you've set as your START button. Once it's started you can leave External Control mode without stopping anything. To stop your piece of gear, you need to go back into External Control again.

Hope this makes sense!

Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: