Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intallation/Update problems with KP3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tusker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Intallation/Update problems with KP3 Reply with quote

Hoping one of you experts can help me out.

I used to have an XP computer, which I replaced with a Vista computer. Using the old computer I had updated my KP3 to version 2 (I believe).

Anyway, I begin by installing the Korg USB driver on the Vista PC. It appears to work without a hitch. When I power up the KP3 thereafter, Vista give me a pleasant sound indicating recognition of the hardware. So I think the driver is ok.

I then install the V1 editor. No luck connecting with the KP3 with it. Basically I get a "KP3 not found" message. MIDI preferences are greyed out.

So I figure (duh) the KP3 must have been upgraded to V2, and is now refusing to play with with the V1 editor. So I begin the KP3 updater process.

I complete the first step, (double click on KP#_updater.exe, than boot up KP# with C/D/Sampling depressed). I get the requisite IPL display on the Korg, and vista offers to find a driver which I dutifully cancel. However the updater software does not provide me with the "Click OK to continue" dialog box that I was expecting. I retired the process .... no luck.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance,

Jerry
Tusker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind.

My problem was the driver installation. I read the Korg USB MIDI Driver installaion manual .... Using this I was able to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

This appears to have solved my problems at this point.

Jerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: