Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Climbing Everest Base Camp

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Climbing Everest Base Camp Reply with quote

Greetings,

this is mainly for Sharp and Daz to decide on, but I wanted to ask all of you what you think about my general approach, and whether you would be happy to have such posted here on IA or rather not.

A good friend of mine, Carol Wilson tries to fundraise money for a good cause, helping children in need, I would provide you with details later, and for that Carol is climbing base camp of Mount Everest. She has a fundraising Letter that was send to irish businesses per post asking then to help, but I am somewhat certain that the IA Fora could also be a platform where this might get positive feedback.

The original climb was scheduled for June, but due to the trouble with china/tibet, it has been postponed and afaik is now scheduled for September.

If Sharp and Daz, and you folks around agree, I would send the fundraising letter to Sharp and he could make it a post on IA.

Personally, I think for a 25 years young Lady, this is an extraordinary thing to do, and anyone who knows what is involved sure will have the deepest respect for such action.

So let me know what you think about this, or just give me a call James if you have more questions about that.

Thanks
~^..^~
Bear
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bear.

I would have preferred to get this one in an email because this sort of requests really put pressure on me emotionally for what my heart knows is a good cause, but effectively not good for the forum. I've already retyped this post a few times to just get my words sounding right. Not that they probably will as this is not the kind of thing easy to say no to. But I have to.

The problem is that if I where to support this officially in anyway, then how could I say no to other charity's dear to our members ?.

The place would be in a mess in no time. So I'm really sorry but it's not something I can support officially.

It's very very hard for me to have to say this to you, and posting it on the forum is really killing me altogether.

I truly do what to say yes, but I can. It just opens up a door that I can see being bad for our virtual community. The only way I could ever get involved in something like this is if it directly effected our community or people in it in a bad way.

Kind Regards.
Sharp.
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Sharpy... no worries, I had second thoughts about it myself and was not too sure, hence was asking all of you more or less. I do understand your reasons, and sure respect them!

~^..^~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: