Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

massive update problems
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
micko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: massive update problems Reply with quote

hi, Crying or Very sad

I just wanted to update the Radias to FW 2.0 and it all looked well. Then, suddenly, the progress bar of the update tool stopped going on in the middle of the update and the tool showed an error message, which meaned something like 'write error'.
Because nothing was responding, I turned off the Radias and turned it on again. now the radias shows nothing on the display !
all knob-lights are lighting, but display is doing nothing. it's also not possible to get a connection between the pc and the Radias.

s**t !

I didn't play at a cable or made something else at the computer.
does someone have a solution ??? for me it looks like a fatal bullshit error!

thank you in advance,
greets
gdh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried the factory reset procedure listed in the manual?
micko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, because I can't do it. it's not possible to enter the menus of the Radias - it doesn't boot. I have just this black screen.
perhaps there is another way to reset the Radias by pushing a button while starting it, but I didn't find it in the manual...
looks like a real software crash Evil or Very Mad

on the Radias-FAQ-page is also no help (there is even no FAQ)
aerial7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search the forum -- I thought I saw somebody had something like this occur but found something in the updater that would force a firmware reload or maybe I just imagined it all....let me know if you can't find it the thread I'm thinking of....

I just updated my new Radias over the weekend, and all went well; hope you can recover yours!!!
acertainpoint

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent updated mine, im kinda scared with all the horror stories i have heard

myspace.com/acertainpoint

myspace.com/secretfungus
rfoshaug

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there are two or three buttons you can depress while turning on the Radias which will put it in update mode. Then you can send the OS from the computer via USB again.

I've updated my Radias twice before and both times it went perfectly. I hope you can get your Radias up and running with system 2.0 soon.
micko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi everyone,

@aerial7: ok, thanks for the tip. I will try to find it.

@rfoshaug: I tried this, too, but there is just the black screen. the Radias isn't booting so far, therefor it doesn't reach the point where it shows the update mode or any other mode.
micko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@@aerial7: yes, you where right, there was a similar issue in following post:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19757&highlight=update+error

but this guy didn't have the same problem, because his Radias was still booting, what gave him the possibility to force this update (see the quote below). my problem is, that my radias doesn't boot, therefor it also doesn't load his usb-ability. and this leads to the result, that I can't connect and update it...... Mad

Quote:
However, at this point the Radias still booted up and worked fine. But even checking the firmware version reported the same error code - and also that the system *was* at version 1.07. Anyway, I dug about a bit, and in one of the menus of the firmware updater application I discovered a 'force update' mode. This seems to allow the firmware update process to be re-run even when the application reports that the Radias is up to date. I selected this mode and re-installed v1.07. This time there was no error message, and the Radias reported a successful update.

so this doesn't help me Brick wall
DrummerGuy09

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem! I just tried to update the 2.0 software and it failed in the middle of the update. I hope there's a way out of this.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, but are any of you updating from a mac, or is it all windows based? and if you are on windows, did you install the Korg USB-MIDI driver correctly prior to updating (i.e. running the 'Install KORG USB MIDI Device' under KORG in Program Files. If not, this does seem to be the root of many USB/MIDI related problems, and updating still requires communication using the USB Driver... Obviously it probably won't fix your problem now..

and @acertainpoint:
if you're careful about it, it should be fine, you hear all the horror stories, but you don't really hear from the other 99% of users because it all goes fine. If it does fail, send it back! But without the 2.0 software you really are missing out on a lot! (like being able to modulate other Virtual Patch amounts, and the envelope parameters, with the Virtual Patch, as well as filter eg int, filter 2 reso, etc.. not to mention being incompatible with all of the free patches available to download here.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
DrummerGuy09

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to Restore Factory Defaults by holding down certain buttons? I need help. I called the closest service center and they told me it would cost $100 because they need to re-load the OS. Isn't that something the user can do on his own with the software we have?
Glydez

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone find the solution to this because i've just encountered exactly the same problem Sad
axxim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I think what X-Trade asks may be crucial to find out what causes the problems. Most of the problems are WIN/Mac specific and even if this wouldn't solve your actual problem it may help others to avoid doing the same.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyi18932rUoHqUTEpsykkIg
Glydez

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using a macbook pro. Cant really explain what happened, simply update failed error, similar message on the module display, restarted to show nothing, just a blank screen, basically not booting.

Any advice?
Glydez

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No solutions for this then guys? Sad What do i doooo?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: