Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sample loading

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dayuri

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Sample loading Reply with quote

Hi, I think this has been brought up before, but I'd just like to clarify.

My KP3 takes about 13 seconds (per sample) to load off a standard 1gb SD. Loading via USB seems to the the same speed. This is fine for mucking around at home with, but having to wait 49 seconds between tracks live is a bit of an issue I'd rather not have to deal with. 49 seconds of dead air (from the KP3 at least) isnt very acceptable. There are ways to go about it if I use my computer, but I'd rather not have to bring my laptop when I play live.

Is this loading time irregular? Is it true that buying a "fast" SD card will speed up the loading process? Solutions hints etc?

Cheers.
subVert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only way of figuring this out is if a specific KP3 file were posted somewhere and everyone downloaded it and timed it and reported back with the time I takes to load and save along with the specific brand and model of SD card.
Pirx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, 13 seconds are quite normal for the KP3, my unit does it the same way (using a Sandisk 1GB, but not having stopped the time). Sampling is just not the main feature of the KP3, so I'm looking for a dedicated solution, maybe a MPC or something.

For me the time it takes for loading is not that issue (I'm using it in my studio only), it's the little pop noise it makes, when stopping samples in trigger modes 3 and 4, which disturbs my workflow.

On the other hand, as an Effects-Unit the KP3 actually does an impressive job, but as a sampler..well, I'm thinking of alternatives.
dayuri

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, ok. Thanks Prix. I guess I'll have to think of other solutions. I've been experimenting with using an Alesis Micron to sample on the fly with, and its been going OK.

I'd love an MPC, but way out of my miniscule budget. If I need to throw in live samples I'll probably have to sample them live off a MP3 player or my laptop.

Bad news about the pop. I guess the number of bugs in the KP3 is testament to its complexity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: