Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

padKontrol Rookie Need Help........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
josht711

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: padKontrol Rookie Need Help........ Reply with quote

So I just got my padkontrol in the mail today and was very excited. I open it up read the manual, ok not that bad. I install all the drivers and the creative kontrol pack. I watched the tutorial on live lite but I can't figure out how to get any sound out of it. When I arm it and hit the pads the little volume meter on the bottom moves but still no sound. I don't know if my settings are right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running Vista ( I know it sucks) if that helps. Peace
josht711

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got any advice? Any links to tutorials? Anything would help.
subVert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the meter you are seeing is that Live Lite is receiving midi. In that case you would have to check to see if the midi note assigned to the pad that you are hitting is assigned to a drum sound (or whatever else you are triggering) in the plugin that you are using on that channel.

What plugin are you using on the channel that you armed?
josht711

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I put the the Korg UVI plugin in the channel and now I can get sound. Only thing is that it seems delayed a little bit. Any way to make it simultanous?
subVert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sound delay doesn't really have anything to do with the padKontrol. That is all the latency of your soundcard. Time to check your Live Lite audio settings. If your soundcard has ASIO drivers, make sure you are using those drivers. I use the full version of live, so I'm not sure where the audio settings are, but if you find the latency setting then try adjusting it so that there is less latency. The smaller the number (usually in milliseconds) the smaller the delay before your computer can produce audio. To get the best results you need a fast machine and a soundcard that has really good drivers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: