Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

drum kit configuration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
publicradio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: drum kit configuration Reply with quote

hello,

Let's talk about drum kit configuration. I find myself gravitating towards the BD/SD kits when I want to lay down some drums, and then the Cymbals Kit. The other ones seem like a total hassle to dig through.

I've been trying to organize my triton, installing patches I use and deleting ones I don't, and I'm wondering if anyone has a nice drum scheme they would like to share.

My main two issues are as follows: 1) I wish the kits just gave me all available sounds, with a few programmed triggers like closing the hi hat, but were sorted based on what I would actually use. So I would have one or a few kits for live sounding drums, a couple kits for 909 type dance drums, some lo-fi electronic kits, maybe one kit for the sampled-sounding hip hop drums and some percussion kits. The way it is now, the drums you have don't feel very acessible and you have to shift through all the kits and play all the notes to find what you want.

2) the panning seems really unnecessary. Why would I want my toms spread out left to right like they usually are? It sounds stupid in playback.

Any ideas on how to organize drum kits?
publicradio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well this thread is kind of a flop, but...

I've gone ahead and tried to merge all the live drums on to one big kit, where I transpose up and down to get all the sounds at my disposal, and then I have one big synth drum kit which incorporates the exb04 drums as well. But I still feel like I just have too many options and it's hard to pick a drum. What do the rest of you do to manage drum kits? Do you just use the factory drum kits and leave them as-is? Do you build a new kit for every song? Does anyone recommend any drum kits for download that make it easier to manage drums?
ausser
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My admiration and respect... Cool

I remember one time attempting just such a project.
But soon discovered that there were that many Drum Sounds - well - I just gave up on the idea - as I already had many tunes done with the current setup.

However - I do think drum multi-tracks are the best way to go -
You would have BD on one track - Snare/SN-Special on another - Hi-Hats on another - cymbals on another - toms etc...
Mixing should be easier though more complicated - ie you would have more control in the final mix.
This approach is especially good if synching to a HDR 16 track like the Roland VS 1680.
You can run the drums using many tracks on the triton and keep your instrument tracks on the VS - giving you reems of control
over drums in the final mix - to MD or whatever....

Peace
Ausser.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: