Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg pad kontrol triggering samples question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
udovich10

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Korg pad kontrol triggering samples question Reply with quote

Hello everybody!!!

I just got my padkontrol yesterday and i have a big problem... im using reason 4 software and i bought the pad kontrol for triggering samples like people do with the mpc or the mpd24... but i cant do it... i tryed the realease thing on the nn-xt that works but i press one pad it triggers the sample and when i press the other pad it triggers that to but the first one is still playing.
The same thing happenes when i press a pad and then the same pad onece again before the sample is finished and it just doubles the sound i dont want that. I hope you understand my problem and i really ask for your help! Thank you!
subVert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have better luck if you also post this question in a Reason forums somewhere. But it sounds like you need to implement a drum machine type of feature known as "choke groups". That would let you set things up so that one sound would cut off or choke the sound thats currently playing.

Is there a way to set the NN-XT sampler to be monophonic so that it can only play one sound at a time?

I own reason, but it confuses me and I never took the time to learn it.
udovich10

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if there is a way i dont know i looked it up but havent found it so what can i do anyone any sugestion?
subVert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In NN-XT type setting Key Poly to 1 in the NN-XT Remote Editor, that way it can only play one sound at a time so any new sound cuts the last one off.
udovich10

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!!! THANK YOU MAN AMAZING THANK YOU I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH!!! IF YOU RAP OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT AND IF YOU WANT A FREE BEAT ITS YOURS JUST PM me SO YEA THANK YOU AGAIN
subVert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm glad that solved your problem (and I'm glad it made sense because when I read it back now I have no idea what I meant to say).

Your problem gave me a good excuse to play with Reason. Now that I am looking at it again, you can also click "Group Mono" which should accomplish the same thing even if the key poly is greater than 1. That is what I implied in my first response when I mentioned making NN-XT monophonic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: