Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Track initialization in COMBI mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitop

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Track initialization in COMBI mode Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I somehow am not able to change the status of assigned tracks to a combi or set them OFF. You know that drop-down list that has values: INT, Off, EXT, EXT2, I can't change them! Memory and sound prtection option is also off if it has anything to do with it! Any ideas??

Last edited by digitop on Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sure exactly, but if you have a damper pedal plugged in try reversing the polarity, it freezes up a lot of stuff when it's set the wrong way. It's in global somewhere if I remember correctly. You can even try powering up the TS without the damper pedal plugged in and see if that clears it up, at least you'll know if that's it or not.
album cover
digitop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George,

I tried what you suggested, result was the same. From the time I got these tutorial DVD, I'm experimenting all the options shown in the tutorial so I might have changed something in Global setting that disabled that option in Combi. I wonder if anyone else could try in combi mode see if they can set the traks to off, or INT, etc.... I however can change the sounds just cannot disable any of the tracks of any combi.
DrWho
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This works - as George said there was/is an issue with the damper polarity. Try unplugging the damper and switch (if you use one). If that doesn't work, in Global change the polarity and type (I think that is what it is called).
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this isn't really going to help either, but I have given up trying to work with combi mode, as it's very complex and when you take an existing combi there are many parameters that you have to set properly for it to work. Hopefully someone in here has more experience in here with developing new combis or editing existing ones.
album cover
digitop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a screen shot which can be seen here:

http://webhome.idirect.com/~keshani/Triton/004.jpg

As you see in the picture, the track 6 of the combi "chill factor" is originally set to off and when I want to select "INT" to inistialize it to a patch, it just won't go. All the tracks remain as they originally are set. If they're set to INT, they remain INT, I can't change it. If they are set to OFF, I can't change it. I changed the polarity in Global (even I didn't have any pedal hooked up) nothing changed.

Can someone please run in combie and see if this is how it should be?
DrWho
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - your screen shot looks correct - except your tempo is slow. The thing is that your picture doesn't look like it will not let you select any item in the pop up menu. Are you sure is isn't something silly like where on the screen you press your finger? You could try from the popup using the up down arrows.

As for as the Global setting - you probably already turned off the damper and switch.

I have no idea other than that.

Did you reload from factory?
digitop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tired highlighting the track using the up-down keys or the dial, nothing happened. I tried with differnet tracks, same result.

The options visible from drop-down list (INT, Off, EXT, EX2) they all seem to be available but no matter which one I click, the INT or OFF which was selected before remains unchanged

When you say my tempo is low, it makes me think because I didn't change any of the defult settings. I already upgraded my OS with 2.02. Are you suggesting me to go through the five floppy to re-install the new OS or the preload sound that are on one single floppy?

Last edited by digitop on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrWho
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try just reloading the factory PCG's - not the OS.

I guess I do not understand what you said. In your screen shot, you were able to get the popup selection menu. So get the popup again, then use the arrow keys to make the change.

Is this the only Combi that you have problems with. Did you try copying the combi into the sequencer (via the Enter and Rec key combo)?
digitop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this problem with all my combies, I can't change these tracks in them. I remember I could change them but I don't know what happens that things turn like this.!

If I highlight the option from popup as you said, no matter if I'm using arrow keys, the dial, or by touching the screen, nothing changes. INT's remains INT, and OFF's remain OFF
DrWho
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo strange - I would reload from floppy.

BTW - I copied the floppies to the internal HD so that the reload process wouldn't be a PITA!

Let me know if reloading fixes your problem.
digitop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved !!! Thank you all ! all of you guys. The problem was two input jack I had on from a CD player. I unplugged those and everything start working fine without need to even restart the board! Wow, this is really something. I mean with everything you plug into your board like pedal or an external device, some part of your system may begin malfunctioning! Can it be a bug in the OS or that's the nature of Triton!
DrWho
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow !!! That's a new one. Glad you figured it out.

The pedal thing is known - but this is a new one - at least to me. And I don't understand it either - makes no sense!!

Well - no you can continue on your way - if you still have any energy left in you Confused

Good Luck!
digitop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DrWho, Well it's strange to me too. The patch cable I use for the CD player to the board is made by me so I'm not that surprised if something went wrong. I also updated my other posting regarding the RAM issue that was showing 000's in memory status after I maxed out my RAM to 96MB, that one also is solved. The RAM bus on the board was dirty (I guess) so it wasn't able to detect one-half of a single memory stick of 32MB. I think having a couple of shots of whiskey kind of cleaned my own memory as well! Thanks again everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: