Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mastering with Triton Studio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtellesa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Mastering with Triton Studio Reply with quote

Hi everyone, unfortunately it seems I have another problem Confused
I finally finished my song, I recorded it on CD with internal CDRW (thank you Sharp!), but when I listened to it on home HI-FI it sounds very different from what I heard on keyboard. If I listen to my Wave file on Triton, it sounds perfect, while on HI-FI it seems to be too much basses. I've tried to adjust it balancing sounds, but the result is quite "flat". Is it normal? Do you think it is better to buy a mixer? Or it is just me Embarassed ?
DuJokke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!

You will never be able to judge your sound that comes out of your Korg, if you're just using a pair of headphones or Hi fi speakers. The only way to really determine if your sound is right, you'll need a pair of 'truth' monitor speakers. These speakers do not 'boost' the low end, or do any other fancy stuff to enhance the sound. Of course these speakers are a little more expensive then a normal pair of Hifi speakers.

If you mix your music so it sounds good on those, it will definitely sound better on your stereo.

Of course note, that buying the speakers is only the beginning, mastering itself is a job that is not so easy to learn in 123... Smile

Greetz!
J
mtellesa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much DuJokke. I was going crazy, and burning thousands unuseful CDs! I'll try this way. Thank you again! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: