Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

in-out-thru ......

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reddone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: in-out-thru ...... Reply with quote

Here's sumthin then .

Im using my drumkit ( electronic ) to control my Es-1 like this :

drumkit midi-out into mx-in then mx-thru into es-1-in .

My es-1 does'nt sync with mx timecode tho , so i cant record a session in one take yet .... can i buy a clock or sumthin with multiple in's/out's ?

Or can i make a clock or sumthin even ?

Any help would be most useful as i'd love to record my sample play along with my pre-programmed mx stuff .

Cheers
The Puppeteer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need to use the out from the EMX for the clock. You might need to shuffle some MIDI channels around to get it to work.

I use an 8PortSE as a central MIDI Clock repeater (amongst other things). It can pass MIDI clock, while filtering out all of the other MIDI events.

What is your master MIDI clock?
reddone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant use the mx to masterclock cos theres only a midi "out" on the drum module . Surely i could simply get 2 midi connectors n a pcb that i could put together so i could hav 2 inputs to the es-1 , meaning i could hav midi thru and in connected at one time . It seems the only way , what u think ?
The Puppeteer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which drum module is it?

Is it a module with a sequencer on it, and does it transmit MIDI Clock?

If the drum module transmits MIDI Clock, then connecting the out to the EMX's MIDI In, and the EMX's MIDI Thru to the ES1's MIDI In should work OK.

I'm suspecting that there's no MIDI clock being transmitted, and the EMX1 is acting as the MIDI Master (it will do that even in Ext mode, if there is no MIDI clock - I think).

In any case, the EMX1 should be able to act as MIDI slave, and MIDI master to the next device, using the EMX's MIDI out.

Can you slave the ES1 without the EMX in the middle?

Building MIDI PCB's can be tricky. The easiest way is with a PIC, but you will probably have to replace the Timer on it so that it is at the MIDI Baud rate, because most clocks aren't.

Try to find a second hand MIDI Merge Box or an 8 Port SE, or a multi MIDI I/O device that supports filtering and patching.

They should be pretty cheap. Lots of people are selling their old MIDI interfaces now days, especially ones with no modern drivers, but the patchbay and filters are still top notch, even when not connected to a computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: