Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP!! MX-1 Problem :(

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nVoid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: HELP!! MX-1 Problem :( Reply with quote

Greetings all Smile

Ok so im having a problem with my mx-1 and id love to hear some thoughts and feedback.

2 weeks ago i flew in to Tonga (in the southpacific) to spend a few weeks with my folks chilling and writing tunes , with me a brought an assortment of gear including my MX-1 , EA-1 and R3.
A few days after arriving i set my gear up on a table and began to write.
I was initially a little concerned about bringing my gear here from New Zealand as it was quite possible things would be damaged durring the travel process but i encountered no problems and everything worked absolutely fine.
Absolutely fine untill yesterday when i moved my MX-1 from the table where it was ,to set up on the floor by the stereo to which i hooked it up to hear how it sounded through good speakers (as aposed to my average headphones). It worked fine through the speakers and sounded great , i was stoaked , after playing a few loops i unplugged the MX and gently moved it back to the table, plugged it back in and hit the power button...
AND NOTHING HAPPENED ,it would not turn on ! , i didnt panic at first , i tried a few other power outlets but no avail, it continued to not power up.
So i come here to ask, has anyone any thoughts as to what might be going on and what i could do ?
The MX will not power up , and i cant for the life of me work out why, there is no clear reason as to why it would all of a sudden just stop working. its only about 6 months old!!

any thoughts ? anyone ? plz! Sad

ALSO , i had been noticing both the MX and the Power Supply get VERY hot whilst being used , now is that common , does anyone else notice their MX getting really hot (particiularly around the Tube area) aswell as the powersupply ?

any feed back much appreciated !!

Thanks
nVoid
Evil or Very Mad
The Puppeteer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if you accidentally turned the switch off on the power supply. I've done it a few times myself, and wondered why things didn't work.

Also, it's normal for the electribe to get quite warm around the tubes, and the power supply as well. It's not the warmest bit of gear in my studio (those awards go to my Kurzweil DMTi's, followed closely by my Jupiter 8 before I put cooling fans on the heat sink).
nVoid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly isnt something obvious like the on/off switch on the power supply , unfortunately. but thanks Smile[/quote]
sclvan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this a problem, but after a quick search it looks like NZ voltage is at 230V, 50Hz and Tonga is at 240V, 50Hz. These voltages are pretty close so it likely isn't a problem, but check the power adapter for the MX and it should have 'input' written on it specifying the input voltage (or voltage range). It sounds like the power adpater got fried. Does it smell like burnt electronics?

I hope it is just the adapter and not somehting worse.
nVoid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thanks for doing the voltage research man Smile Im hoping it is simply the power adapter, neither the adapter nor the unit itself have that classic friend circuit smell but when s**t hit the fan the adapter certainly seemed alot hotter than usual , i have access to an adapter back home so once i return i can test that theory , it just really sucks tho as this trip to tonga was entirely based around writing tunes for which my MX was the centre of my setup Sad , it would be really shite if the MX itself is dead as i will lose so many tunes ! Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: