Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

padKONTROL note sustain (i think thats what you call it)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark1979

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: padKONTROL note sustain (i think thats what you call it) Reply with quote

this is probably something real small and im probably missing it but here it is. im using reason 4.0 on the windows xp platform and i just bought the padKONTROL. well i load samples into things like redrum or other sampling modules and i hate how i have to hold down the pad to be able to play the whole sample.

i hope im explaining right.

like say the sample is of some girl saying "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH". well if i press the pad, the sample will only play a small bit. how do i setup the PK so that when i tap the button, the whole sample plays instead of me having to hold it down? i think thats called note sustaining? or something. man i should know this

again its probably something im missing
subVert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are focusing on the wrong end of the problem. I think you have to program Reason to play the sample all the way through. I think the PadKontrol is just like any other midi controller that will send a note on to your software when you hit a button and a note off when you release it.

There is an option to change a pad into a toggle where it will send the note on when you hit the pad and then you have to hit it again to send the note off.
bildozer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the manual if you don't already know how to program the NNXT or NN19 samplers. You can easily do what you are wanting by cranking up the release on the samples after loading them into the sampler. If you still want to use the redrum do the following...

1 load a mixer
2 create ur redrum, load your samples how you want them except for the ones you want to play through after you release the pad.
3 create NNXT or NN19 and load the samples you want to sustain. Map the samples to the keys you want them to be on(see manual if you have never done this). Turn up the release slider or knob on each sample.
4 hold shift and click the redrum and the sampler you loaded(nnxt or nn19). right click on either machine and chose "Combine"

You should be able to play the 2 machines together and the samples in the the sampler should continue to play after you release the pad. PM me if you have any trouble, but check the manual first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: