Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coming Soon! "Radias Rock"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon! "Radias Rock" Reply with quote

Announcing "Radias Rock" for M3 Radias Expansion Board.

Not just another sound library. Proto Rock will be more like a software program. Updates will be released every month or two and all Proto Rock owners will be able to update for a small fee.

"Radias Rock", the first update will be released in January and will contain several new combis designed for the radias expansion board.

We will also be running specials linking sounds from our sample city vault to all registered users. Build up your M3 and sample sound libraries all at the same time with a killer combo.

More info and Radias Rock demos at;

http://www.kidnepro.com/KN/Korg/M3/korg-m3-radias-rock.html

Just finished up this one. Check it out....It Rocks!

http://www.kidnepro.com/Music/M3V1DEMO/electro-rocker.mp3

Please contact me if you need any more info.

Ho....Ho....Ho.....Happy Holidays From Kid Nepro.

Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kid Nepro.

Could you please limit yourself to a little banner and add it to your signature in your profile please. Something around 25 X 500 would be perfect.

We generally don't allow any advertisements on the forum, but a way to get your news promoted is to have a small little banner, and then help out on the forum by answering peoples posts and taking part in the community as a regular member.

The more you take part, the more posts will have your banner at the end of them.

Kind Regards.
Sharp.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, Sharp, Kids 'ProtoRock' for the M3 is really very very good

It helps quite a bit in making the M3 a more complete instrument

I agree with your policy, as always

Regards

Greg
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sharp,

Will do. I did not realize that was the policy. Sorry about the mix up.

Right, I've also tried to take part in the discussions and help out when possible. I will continue to do that.

Thanks Greg! I appreciate the support.

Proton
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Proton.

No problem. I should have a FAQ on this anyway, so no worries.
Going with the little banner and helping out on the forum will do you far more good anyway.

Respect is priceless and it goes a very long way around here.

Nice to also hear the comments from GregC on the sounds too. So where can I buy an OASYS version Smile You can never have enough sounds.

Kind Regards.
Sharp.
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Respect is priceless and it goes a very long way around here.

Yeah, us Italians our big on that. As Uncle Tony say's....Do da right ting!

Sharp wrote:
Nice to also hear the comments from GregC on the sounds too. So where can I buy an OASYS version Smile You can never have enough sounds.

Sorry, but the sounds are not compatible at the moment. Hopefully that will change soon. If it does I'll let ya know.

Proton Very Happy
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this be available for the Radias as well, or just for the EXB-Radias ?
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francois wrote:
Will this be available for the Radias as well, or just for the EXB-Radias ?

It will be just for the EXB.
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much is the additional small fees for purchasers of the Proto Rock? Since you still havent found a fix yet for the Proto Rock programs not being able to work with my setup of using an external rack along with the M3, is this going to be a problem? Also are you linking the Karma for all the combis to the drum track as you did in the Proto Rock? Maybe others like this idea..but I personally didnt quite understand what you were trying to do? I would like to hear others opinions about this? I also dont understand the "linking sounds from our sample city vault to all registered users"??

Sparkie
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
How much is the additional small fees for purchasers of the Proto Rock?

Hi Sparkie,

The additional fees will depend on how many sounds are released. It will be different from month to month. I'm planning to release 16 new combis in January for the Radias expansion. Options will be as follows:

1- Original Proto Rock will still be $60.
2- Proto Rock with 16 combo Radias Rock Update will be $70.
3- Anyone who has purchased Proto Rock can update for $10.

This way if you don't own a Radias board you can still purchase Proto Rock at the same price. Also, you don't have to wait too long to get some new sounds. Proto Rock took me about five months to put together.

Quote:
Since you still havent found a fix yet for the Proto Rock programs not being able to work with my setup of using an external rack along with the M3, is this going to be a problem?

Did you get the e-mail I sent you about that? I asked you to send me some more info about your setup and I did not hear back from you. Please e-mail me that info and I'll do my best to help you out.

Quote:
Also are you linking the Karma for all the combis to the drum track as you did in the Proto Rock? Maybe others like this idea..but I personally didnt quite understand what you were trying to do? I would like to hear others opinions about this?

Linking Karma to the drum track provides a "tighter sync". It has to do with the way the beats from each measure on KARMA and the drum track sync to each other. Basically it keeps the beats lined up together where the downbeat plays at the same time on both. You can easily turn that off in the KARMA section. Just uncheck the link for each module.

Quote:
I also dont understand the "linking sounds from our sample city vault to all registered users"??

We have a large selection of WAV files and will be running special deals on them for all Proto Rock owners.

I hope that helps! If you need any more info just let me know.

Proton Smile
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last email I got was to try and load the programs into D bank instead of E bank..which I did, to no help. My hardware setup is a Wavestation SR Rack with the M3. Midi out of the M3 to midi In of the SR, then 2 audio cables out to the Audio In of the M3. Strange I dont have any problem with the combis..just the programs. All the original progs and combis all worrk fine with this setup.

Price is sure reasonable enough for sure!! The vintage synth sounds are really nice..lots of Keith Emerson also.

I guess since none of the original combis are linked that way I guess thats why I didnt understand.
Sparkie
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
The last email I got was to try and load the programs into D bank instead of E bank..which I did, to no help. My hardware setup is a Wavestation SR Rack with the M3. Midi out of the M3 to midi In of the SR, then 2 audio cables out to the Audio In of the M3. Strange I dont have any problem with the combis..just the programs. All the original progs and combis all worrk fine with this setup.

OK. If you connect the 2 audio cables directly to your amp or mixer, instead of to the m3's audio in's you won't have any problems. But I guess you have it connected that way so you can use the M3 effects on your wavestation....right?

Anyone from Korg reading this? Jerry, you out there? The problem is that he can't hear the sounds of the Wavestation when he tries to trigger it when he's using the Proto Rock "programs". It works fine when triggering in combi mode and when using the factory sounds. Any ideas what could be causing this? I checked the Proto Rock file and could not find any settings that could cause this.

Quote:
Price is sure reasonable enough for sure!! The vintage synth sounds are really nice..lots of Keith Emerson also.

I guess since none of the original combis are linked that way I guess thats why I didnt understand.
Sparkie

Thanks! No problemo. Glad to help.
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit that I haven't loaded the final files Steve made so this is just a logical guess - check the Audio Input setup for each Program - are they set to "Use Global" settings or unchecked and set individually?

All Factory voicing uses the Global settings...

let me know if this is it - I'm just back in the office after a week out, so I'm way busy getting caught up, but we'll look into this further to help if needed.

Regards,

Jerry
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
check the Audio Input setup for each Program - are they set to "Use Global" settings or unchecked and set individually?

OK. I see what happened.

Right, the inputs got changed from global to individual inputs on "any program that contains new sample data". This must happen automatically when you convert the multi sample data into a program.

Sparkie, see if you can quickly just change Program 000 to global and see if the drum track still plays and your WS triggers. If the drum track does not play the sample loop then you have to change it back. Let me know what happens.

You can also trigger the WS by using any Proto Rock program that does not contain sample data.

The following programs contain sample data:

000-017, 034, 037, 040, 049, 050, 052, 062

Thanks for your help Jerry!
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I changed it to Global and it works..All of the other factory Korg Programs are already checked..so what does this mean? I have to write all your programs individually?..BOO... Also something else I noticed is the drum track on most of the programs seem, to be just a slow "warm up" with a few Toms ..and cymbals etc..?? Kinda out of sync when you play just keeping the same rhythm. Another thing is try tturning the Karma on without the drum track..and the sound gets muted! Another weird thingy...This linking to the drum track thing you did I really dont like!!

I am glad to have some additional sounds..and I am not trying to be a naysayer here, but I paid for a finished product! I really think you need to do some changes and more testing/checking before continuing. Email me a updated file also with all the programs checked if you can..or let me know how to fix everything. Thanks
Sparkie (guineapig)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: