Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Damnit--I've just about had it w/M3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Damnit--I've just about had it w/M3 Reply with quote

I keep getting "ARM CPU Data Abort Catched" window freezing up the M3 whenever I hit the U-A button. I have to turn the M3 off and turn it back on to clear it. I know, I know call Korg, take it back to the store, blah, blah, blah. Evil or Very Mad Anyone else have this occur to them. Also my joystick has a prominent clicking feel when bending left to right. Not up and down, but only when bending a note up or down. It's not a smooth bend. Anyone else had this problem also? I have yet to let this board leave my studio because I keep coming up with different issues and am afraid to use it live. I sure hope Korg releases a more stable OS for the M3 because every once in a while the board freezes up and I can't figure out what I did to cause it to. It's not hooked up to a computer or any other board. It's when I start to program a sound or get into editing and sometimes it just s**ts out on me. I'm venting here, but am I the only one that has experienced this? Thanks to all.
klarnet basowy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which OS version do you have?
I didn't have problems, neither with the 1.0.4 or the 1.1.0
Voltan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haven't had any problems at all with mine yet.
the joystick seems ok to me too.
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've run into the same problem:

http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?s=b17fa22137c3453c137effba91090e59&threadid=10824
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drama:

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles - you need to contact your Korg Distributor and get some help. Sounds like a complete OS reinstall is in order to clear the unit. Give us a chance to help you.

Regards,

Jerry
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trinity2112 wrote:
I've run into the same problem:

http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?s=b17fa22137c3453c137effba91090e59&threadid=10824

Have you contacted us yet? We can help...

Regards,

Jerry
Strider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Click in Joystick L-R Movement Reply with quote

Like drama1's machine, my M3 also has a "click" feeling in the left - right joystick movement. The little hitch in its movement has been there since I took it out of the box.

To be as precise as I can-

When I apply direct sideways pressure, parallel to the plane of the M3's surface, there is a "click" in the joystick's left-right movement. It feels a bit like the joystick must traverse a little bump in its path.

If I put my thumb on the very top of the joystick and apply downward pressure as I move it, the click does not occur. However, this is a very impractical method for using the joystick when I'm trying to make music.

My suspicion is that there is something slightly loose, or perhaps an imperfect surface, in some part of the joystick's movement mechanism.

I would love to have instructions on how to repair this myself as I'm in the midst of a long and complex project and don't want to give up my machine over a joystick glitch.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running OS1.04, so that's not the problem. I'll contact Korg let everyone know how it goes. Thanks to Jerry, and all on this forum.
Voltan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Click in Joystick L-R Movement Reply with quote

Strider wrote:
Like drama1's machine, my M3 also has a "click" feeling in the left - right joystick movement.

There's nothing like that in mine - looks like it's unit-specific Sad
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right. Here is what I have been able to do. After going into Global mode and loading the preload/demo date which loads all original program/combis, it still did not work. Everytime I hit the U-A button I would get the error message and the unit would freeze. Just for s**ts and giggles, I thought I would try using the M# editor and try reloading all of the original data back in the board from the editor. That did the trick. I can now hit the U-A button without it freezing. Im real busy now so I will get back to everyone with a few more comments.
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
Have you contacted us yet?

Regards,

Jerry

Yes. I sent them an email on December 3rd along with the link I posted here.

This was the response I received:

Hello and thanks for your inquiry. This issue has been sent to Korg Inc for further evaluation. Thanks for pointing it out to us.
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the Triton Classic have a lot of "gremlins" when it was first released?
sani

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the clicking on the joystick too. It is not only on the right, but also on the left side.
To be precise, it appears only the first time when I move it to one direction. The second time it does not apper, but if I move the joystick to the opposite site, the click comes again, and it also comes again when I move it back to the first direction I mentioned.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trinity2112 wrote:
Yes. I sent them an email on December 3rd along with the link I posted here.

This was the response I received:

Hello and thanks for your inquiry. This issue has been sent to Korg Inc for further evaluation. Thanks for pointing it out to us.

Given that appears to be a software bug problem, it would have to be sent to Korg Japan (the developers).

If the problem is freezing your system (i.e. making it so you can't work vs. an annoyance) you might consider calling/phoning Korg USA Product Support.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have a little more time to explain what happened. I've been so damn busy with work, playing, you name it. Anyway, I was editing and saving one of the string combis into the U-A bank and it froze the board. I tried pushing every button and nothing worked to unfreeze the board. Had to shut down and restart. After I did that, everytime I would hit the U-A button it would freeze again. Like I explained before, I tried reloading all program data from the global mode. Everything was reloaded, including combis, songs, drums everything. Still, when I pressed the U-A button, same thing. I finally reloaded all programs and combis from the M3 Editor, hit the U-A button and it did not freeze the board.
Now, what I did in regard to the joystick clicking (I can't believe I did this, but I simply don't have time to take basically an entire day off work to return the board to some kid working at SamAsh that don't know -- well you know what I mean) but I turned the board over and unscrewed all of the screws on the bottom of the board (I have an M3-73) took the fiberboard off of the bottom and I could see inside the joystick mechanisim. There's a small like circuit board attached to the joystick and it seems to be causing the clicking problem. I took a small piece of weatherstripping and stuck it between the circuitboard and the side of the joystick and that seemed to do the trick. No more clicking with the joystick.
I have had my TritonPro from the first day it was released. Went through a number of OS updates, but never had any issues like I've had with the M3. I still use the Triton for live performance because I still don't trust the M3 for fear of it freezing up. One time it just froze up upon starting. The red line just stopped in the middle and I had to restart. Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not bashing the board, I actually really like the sound and potential of the M3 because I believe in a year or two with new programming this synth is going to be killer. I just feel like I'm a beta tester right now and am a little upset after spending close to three grand I can't trust the product for live performance. Thanks to all on the forum and Jerry for any help you have to offer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: