Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need DETAILED instructions for live performance help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladysugar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: need DETAILED instructions for live performance help Reply with quote

First off, I have already read the user manual and the forum responses on this topic but no one has give clear instructions on HOW to do it:

I need to program in sets of combis/programs so I can switch sounds quickly in a live performance. People have posted replies to this question but none of them have given detailed instructions on exactly how to do it. Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to do this?

Please help, I have a show in two weeks so I need to learn this asap!! THANKS!!!
khortoom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the only thing coming to ma mind is to change the order of combis u wanna use, so they come in a row... U gotta rerwrite (re-save) combis/programs into places so they come in a row. Just open a combi and choose write from utility. then give it a place (number) coming after the last one. This may come especially usefull if U usin' a foot switch too !
I at least dont have any other idea atm. Confused
voodoo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: yes they have Reply with quote

Look here
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29956
There are also many posts on how to do this - you need to have a search around.

PS - If you can figure out how to assign a Rotary Speaker effect to the modulation wheel - then that would be very helpful. I have posted this Question twice - and no response - so far
asdasd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voodoo first you need the mod wheel to not be assigned to do anything else (or of course if you wan to something else happen too then just keep it the way).

Ok now you just have to select effect 40(rotatory speaker) from the insert FX page the FX of course has to be ON.

First assign the buttons to control the leslie ON/OFF

this is the firs parameter == MODE = rotate, select SW1/mmt (mmt means moment, tgl means toggel, This means that the rotaton goes off when you press the SW1 button on your keyboard and stays so as long as you don't press it again)

You can assign the Fast/slow (second paramter of FX) for the second button exaly the same way (tip: all the FX work this way first there is a parameter and then you can assign what can control that parameter and sometimes there is how much it effects the parameter too, more on that later).

Now let's set up how much leslie there is going to be so on the bottom right of the FX there is WET/DRY ratio. set it to DRY (=this means the FX is basicly not applies at all/Wet means all of it applies and 50:50 is half etc.)

now next to the Dry there is a prameter which says OFF, this again means a controller for the wet / dry ratio, set this to mod wheel (=M.Whl) then there is a /SLASh/ after it this effects how much the wheel is gonna effect the Wet/dry ratio, set it to +100.

That's it I guess, I think this doesn't control the acual speed of leslie though. I don't think that it is even possible to control the speed other than in Fast/slow way (that your button is controlled to do).

as you can see there are only four assignable things that you can control in the leslie (I have no Idea what manual spin means try it).

You may wan to try set mod wheel for the fast/slow thing too but I donno if it works just like a button then= [ON/OFF].

Sorry for bad writing, I hope you got something out of this haha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: