Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie with MOSS option !!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Newbie with MOSS option !! Reply with quote

Hello forum,

For those who don't know me I'm pretty new to the Triton and in general to the music world. I got my TS 76 a few weeks ago and today I purchased an EXB-MOSS board and installed it. Seller gave me a non-original floppy disk that has several files and folders in it. I just reloaded the MOSS.PCG from that floppy since I wasn't sure what the rest it. Are the rest of files extras or should I upload everything? I also noticed the sounds on my banks A, and B (as far as I know) are somewhat changed after I loaded the MOSS.PCG and of cours my Bank F is now filled with 128 new patches. Is this how it should be? Do the banks A and B changes after you install MOSS? Thanks.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie with MOSS option !! Reply with quote

digitop wrote:
Do the banks A and B changes after you install MOSS? Thanks.

They should not. MOSS sounds go into the "F" bank only.

Cool
digitop

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Synthoid,

My Bank "F" is now filled with 128 patches. In banks A and B now I have much stronger and fatter patches among them MOSS POWER, MOSS Sax, MOSS Guitar, MOSS Synth, MOSS Trumpet, etc. They're pretty amazing. I'm just reading the PDF manual online it says there are 64 COMBI's for MOSS which goes to B000 to B063. My bank A is effected somewhat and I have now more patches. I wonder if there's any way I can have both sounds stored in my board, the preloaded one and new ones from MOSS. Is there a way I can use the other banks or increase the capacity of the banks?

On the floppy disk I have now, there are these files which I now read there are for Z1 patches. I just want to know can I add these into my banks without loosing my existing patches? :

TNZ1PR1
TNZ1PR2
TNZ1CR1
TNZ1CR2
SOLOTRI

When I tried to upload any of these files, I was given a sort of warning that my banks going to be rewritten or replaced or something like that....
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I loaded the sounds on the MOSS factory floppy, all I got were programs in Bank F. Either the factory disk has been modified since I installed MOSS, or the person you purchased MOSS from has added more programs and combis to the disk (most likely).

Quote:
On the floppy disk I have now, there are these files which I now read there are for Z1 patches. I just want to know can I add these into my banks without loosing my existing patches?

No, you cannot add more MOSS sounds to the existing 128. You will overwrite what is in Bank F every time you load new sounds. ("F" is the only bank that will accept MOSS sounds by the way).

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MOSS Option All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: