Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X-Y Pad Midi Channel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shredder213

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: X-Y Pad Midi Channel Reply with quote

I'm having a problem with the midi channel assignments of the X-Y pad and the 2 assignable knobs. I can change the cc #'s transmitted but not the midi channel they send on. The manual states that the midi channel cannot be assigned but follows the channel of the pads that are affected by the XY pad. Unfortuneately, my padK only sends the cc's on channel 10, regardless of which channel the pads are on and which pads are affected by the XY pad.

I just downloaded the updated midi driver and will try that when I get home. Anyone else have this problem or know a solution?

I would like to be able to use the same cc's on different channels to control effects in ableton live.
metastatik

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To save writing space…controls = knobs and X/Y.

It’s kind of strange. On Scenes 1-9, the controls will send on the highest MIDI ch you have assigned to the pads to be affected by the controls. So if all your pads are set up to be affected and send on ch 1, but one pad is assigned to ch 2…the controls will send on ch 2.

On Scenes 10-16, it’s different. The controls will only send on ch 10 or higher. So even if all your pads are assigned to ch 1, the controls will still send on ch 10. If you assign one pad to ch 11 though, the controls will send on ch 11.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as of right now, my controls only send on channel ten, I'll let you know if this changes with the updated driver. Crossing my fingers.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: