Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Locking for Free/Commercial Patterns for EMX-1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellrider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Locking for Free/Commercial Patterns for EMX-1 Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm locking for some Free or Commercial Patterns for Electronica to feed my Electribe MX-1.
(Sorry for that but I'm more an Preset-Guy Embarassed)

Cheers
Frank
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't support. This defeats the purpose and is against every one of my musical morals... you'd be better off with karaoke.
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't support. This defeats the purpose and is against every one of my musical morals... you'd be better off with karaoke.
Hellrider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help! However I give a s*** of your "music moral". Evil or Very Mad
What's wrong to use presets as a starting point to make music?
Music is just a hobby for me and unfortunately I'm not so experienced as you.
three_eyed_otter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm locking for some Free or Commercial Patterns for Electronica to feed my Electribe MX-1.
(Sorry for that but I'm more an Preset-Guy )

Do you mean midi patterns to feed into your EMX-1?

have a good one
3Eo
reddone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what u maybe mean is that u want other patterns to play n listen to as u learn n build ur own ( i know that 4 yr ago my sounds werent much good )
u want to be entertained by ur new machine i think it is actually .... but , u must entertain urself because there is no way to do anything other really .

Try this tho : Grab any crap preset and notacably change the speed . Clear the synth parts that u dont like and re-program them , or change notes up or down and in length ( tweak ur glide knob to suit ) so that u get slides .

Then adjust ur ur drum rythyms n shuffle settings till u have changed a preset to be ur own , kinda .

Then ..... try taking a pattern from scratch n putting ur new found knowledge to good use .. Wink
Setsonics

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruso keep the gloves up mate.

;D

Although I must agree.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Hellrider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reddone3 wrote:
I think what u maybe mean is that u want other patterns to play n listen to as u learn n build ur own ( i know that 4 yr ago my sounds werent much good )
u want to be entertained by ur new machine i think it is actually .... but , u must entertain urself because there is no way to do anything other really .

Yes, you hit the point.

reddone3 wrote:

Try this tho : Grab any crap preset and notacably change the speed . Clear the synth parts that u dont like and re-program them , or change notes up or down and in length ( tweak ur glide knob to suit ) so that u get slides .

Then adjust ur ur drum rythyms n shuffle settings till u have changed a preset to be ur own , kinda .

Then ..... try taking a pattern from scratch n putting ur new found knowledge to good use .. Wink

Tanks a lot for your advice. This seams to be a good starting point. Very Happy

Cheers
Frank
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well either way modifying patterns on these boxes does not mean you will learn them.... you can't see how they do certain things and the best way to figure them out.

I still do not support the concept but I will offer help if you take the time to contact me on aim (Dmitri Serge Jr) I will more then happily teach you how to do different things.
xanzion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Ruso, your first response was wickedly immoral. Anyway Hellrider, If you have a Smartmedia card, I can help ya out Wink

peace
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
reddone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one XAN , good of u to help the guy out . Thats more like it , a bit of help n encouragement . If only my smartcard hadnt died on me i couldve helped too .

Nevermind .... new patterns 4 u bud !!
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xanzion wrote:
...Ruso, your first response was wickedly immoral. Anyway Hellrider, If you have a Smartmedia card, I can help ya out Wink

peace

it's not immoral, the topic is immoral... this is like taking other peoples music and changing it a lil. And it's not gonna be using them a starting point to make your own music because it would take more effort co completely tear a pattern appart and change it. I can understand pattern swaping in certain situations with other electribe members which is just fine but trying to buy commercial patterns...

this is like buying loops and stacking them together to make music which a ton of people do these days.
Hellrider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruso wrote:

this is like buying loops and stacking them together to make music which a ton of people do these days.

This is quite interesting - its "immoral" to buy Apple Loops, Apleton Live Loops or even Samples? Shocked
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, it's immoral to stack several together and call it music Wink

the main idea of my responses is that I would much rather be contacted so I could teach the core concepts of the box then to send something which is not really good learning material.
xanzion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats exactly what I was going to send him, Of course I'm not going to send him one of my songs, But what I meant by immoral was that it's not what you want, If he asks for something, you shouldn't go out and bluntly say that its not up to par with your standards. Just nicely keep it to yourself If you don't like the situation.

Hellrider, Im not home atm, im actually on vacation, If you were looking for full blown patterns, I was just going to send you some templates that I made to use, In the following genres: Trance, DnB, electro house... If your looking for full blown patterns with melodies, I'm afraid I won't be able to help you bud.

peace
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: