Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Multitrack MIDI Recording Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
I have over 500 songs on floppy disks that I recorded on my Triton Classic Pro - over 7 years of work and production. I want to transfer each song to Cubase SX (which I have and own and never really
Is this possible??? I have an MV-8800 that I just bought and I just want to use Cubase to capture all my songs and save them as Standard MIDI Files so each and every track remains intact which I can then import them to the MV via USB for editing.
I NEED Multitrack MIDI Recording! The MV only records in OMNI Mode by transfering all my songs one at a time to Cubase to save as Standard MIDI Files, I can then import those to the MV to further edit them.

Sina

Question To get all your songs out from your Triton all you have to do is save the sequences as Midi files on the Triton first and then import them into the MV8800...No need to mess around with Recording them all into Cubase.
I've already explained how to get your seqs from Triton to MV in another thread.why the hell do you want to waste time to record everything straight into cubase one song at a time...in the time it will take you to Record one song from Triton to Cubase using this method,Irrespective of doing it multitracking you could have simply transfered over at least 10-15 seqs if not more songs by just saving as Midi file formats from Triton.
Since I posted in that Last thread you could have Transfered all 500 songs over to the MV by now,if there was no file compatibility then I could understand having to manually record them.

Cubase won't give you any more Advantage just because it has Multitrack recording,your simply wasting your time,its not rocket science to exchange file formats...

All the tracks will stay intact using the Midfile format,all you have to do is export them as Type 1 format,the MV can import either 0-1 formats,by using Cubase as the Middleman your simply making more work for yourself,Not too mention you'll more than likely have timing issues sending up to 12 or more tracks of data down the Midi cable at once.

Can you not see that It will take you many labourous hours to transfer over 500 songs by recording them into Cubase one by one first,a pretty stupid,Tedious and nonsensical way of doing things!!when you simply just do a file Transfer in minimal time and get the exact same result.
what do you think the Midifile format was conceived for!! for the simple compatibility of the GM soundbank programs for replaying files correctly and file transfering of sequences on different seq platforms regardless of manufacturer..

Even if you simply wanted the sequences in Cubase to edit,you only have to export/Import between Triton/Cubase/MV anyway,you don't need to record everything manually???Pointless

Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: