Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you record and sequence in the m3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamarironsen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: How do you record and sequence in the m3 Reply with quote

Yeah i've read the whole manual in 2 days and i get most of it and i dont know how to record and what do they mean byu measure. like what does that mean i use software all my life so this is new to be if sime one can take the time of to help me thanks you. and i dont want any smat ass comments saying just read the manual cause i did.
r12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you don't know what is a measure !!! Shocked
1,2,3...4 for example, doesn't tell you anything ?

do you know what is a track ?

you can read tracks and record one simply by pressing rec / play simultaneously (if other tracks are not muted)
by default there is a precount of 2 measures for recording (8 beats if you're in 4/4 signature)

I think you should learn rudiments of music vocabulary in first, or the learning of sequencer's using will be very hard for you Confused
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there are different ways to record, Korg has laid out quite a few numbered steps.
One set of steps may be all you need, or you may have to combine it with another set of steps,
based on what you're trying to accomplish.

Very basic sequencing.......

1. Turn on the keyboard, access the sequencer mode.
2. Select the Preference tab (at the bottom of the screen).
3. Select Overwrite.
4. Change the Precount to 1.
5. Press REC, then START.
6. Play the keys.
7. Press STOP, then START to play it back.

Good luck!!
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you record and sequence in the m3 Reply with quote

kamarironsen wrote:
.... and i dont want any smat ass comments saying just read the manual cause i did....

This is not a smart ass remark, but a piece of advice (which I continue to recommend to newbies who want quick and easy answers): Don't just read the manual from an arm chair. No one, not even the experts learned this way. Take the manual with you over to the instrument and concentrate on one aspect/feature at a time by actually manipulating the parameters, control surface etc. Do not move on to anything new until you have gained a firm "working" knowledge with the procedures you are currently learning. By the way, sequencing and recording steps are spelled out clearly starting on page 8 of the M3 Easy Start Guide. This is a simple DIY process.

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
klarnet basowy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you record and sequence in the m3 Reply with quote

EJ2 wrote:
Take the manual with you over to the instrument and concentrate on one aspect/feature at a time by actually manipulating the parameters, control surface etc.

Totally agree. Kamarironsen, try to navigate in the keyboard software and when you want to learn something you need read the manual.
And I add.. I've read you don't know what is a measure. If it's not a language problem (don't know from where you are), seriously consider to take some basic music lesson. Instead, having the M3 will be useless.
If this is not the case, I anticipate "sorry for this wrong suggestion". Wink

Andrew

Last edited by klarnet basowy on Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you record and sequence in the m3 Reply with quote

kamarironsen wrote:
Yeah i've read the whole manual in 2 days and i get most of it and i dont know how to record and what do they mean byu measure. like what does that mean i use software all my life so this is new to be if sime one can take the time of to help me thanks you. and i dont want any smat ass comments saying just read the manual cause i did.

Measure is an American term for what some other English speakers call a Bar.
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: How do you record and sequence in the m3 Reply with quote

Daz wrote:

Measure is an American term for what some other English speakers call a Bar.

And some English speakers also call a bar a pub. Rolling Eyes Laughing

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
kamarironsen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Thax Reply with quote

i love all you guys thanks for the help iam recording as we speak iam slow kinda lol... i need to be told like 123 you know man thx. man can memory be add to this thing as well. bump
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: Thax Reply with quote

kamarironsen wrote:
can memory be add to this thing as well.

Yes. There is a 256MB expansion board available at korgusa.com.
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
kamarironsen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: recoding Reply with quote

yeah i got it i read the manulal with the machine and figured every thing out now thx. it kinda a hard transistion when you go to schoo for game design and then star produting. like i can tell you evry thing about games xbox, 360 ps3, final fantasy the list goes on but the music world it tottal diffrent.
Boynton

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: recoding Reply with quote

kamarironsen wrote:
yeah i got it i read the manulal with the machine and figured every thing out now thx. it kinda a hard transistion when you go to schoo for game design and then star produting. like i can tell you evry thing about games xbox, 360 ps3, final fantasy the list goes on but the music world it tottal diffrent.

Can you see why this guy may be having a hard time understanding English Rolling Eyes
khol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the 256M expansion for?
Whats the purpose?
How can i use it?
Benefits?
Voltan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's exclusively for loading samples
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: