Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

saving audio onto the emx

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crouchingsyntha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: saving audio onto the emx Reply with quote

i heard it cant be done?

i wanted a micro korg, which would then run into my emx. iv seen people activating patterns which they wrote on the micro korg, but on the emx.

is that what a midi dump is?

the trancey sounds i want to create sound great on the microkorg, but i just wondered if it was possible just to press one button to set them off from my emx rather than stand behind a keyboard
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure just sequence the micro korg with the emx except emx is a monosynth therefore only one note.... but u can still use the emx areg...
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about getting a microkorg as well. As far as I know you would have to write your tune on the EMX on one of the synth parts then use mdi to then get it to play your micro. It will also play your motion sequences via midi. There is a midi chart at the back of the EMX manual to help you set this up. The micro does not have an onboard sequencer so you cannot write a track on it without external help from a sequencer (in this case your EMX). The micro has an arpeggiator which makes it sound like it can play itself... but it can't... you need to be there to hold down the notes to get this feature to play. A midi dump is a place to store midi information (sequences- control movement data etc) safely until you need to use it (most folk would use a computer for this). It would be used eg for sequencers that don't have a memory card facility- like the EA1 or ER1 whose internal memory is getting full up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: