Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg X3 & Roland Xp-50 midi sync

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s1495

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Korg X3 & Roland Xp-50 midi sync Reply with quote

Hello

I bought x3 about 3 days ago - looked on the web, through the manual and can't seem to find solution to my setup.

I am trying to set up roland xp50 to be master for starting sequencers on both keyboards (both sequencers will be active) using the clock from the XP50 for timing.

I got XP50 to relay all messages for start, rewind, play, clock sync, etc. to Korg.. That went fast..

Problem is this - my roland also sends note messages to my korg - so now I got notes sounding off both keyboards at the same time making this sound like one big synth.. That's useless. I don't want note data to be communicated between the synths - only sequencer / sync data so I can use two keyboards separately while keeping same patterns going.

So I want to disable note data to be disabled from being played on the korg (slave synth).

I found option global 3b.. NoteR = note receive.. but it only allows options "ALL, ODD and EVEN".. An "OFF" would be nice but it's not there..

Any suggestions on how I can make this work would be really appreciated.
Thanks

Jack
s1495

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issue resolved - midi channels re-arranged...
Roland = master..
korg serves like a rack + for laying live add-ons..

Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: