Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Esx1 internal memory?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Esx1 internal memory? Reply with quote

Hi all!
a quick question.....! Razzi dont have yet a smartcard..
is there a way to "transfer" audio from pc --> electribe?
as in lets say i have a loop and want each "region" of my loop to be map
do i have to do that manualy ?

thnaks a lot
anselmi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, you could transfer it as "voltage encoded sound" Wink

just joking, that´s normal audio...i mean that without a smartmedia card there´s no way you could tranfer wav or aiff edited audio files...you just have to sample them and then edit the end point to make it loop properly

that´s not as hard as one can imagine, and all of us old-school guys worked that way in the old days with regular samplers...

example for a 1 bar loop at 130 bpm

1. sample a bit more than 1 bar...just to hear the first beat of the next bar

2. go for the edit sample menu and set the START point near to the end of the sample but not so far to enter the next bar, that way you don´t have to hear the whole sample when looking for the correct END point

3. go to the END point and play the sample from the one-shot parts...you´ll hear the first step of the next bar and all the data you have to cut after that

4. change the END point while listening to the sample...you´ll hear that the first step of the second bar became shortr until at some setting it dissapear. when it happens move it forward to check if you ar not taking off some of the first bar time

5. when you have the END point right back the START point to position zero

6. truncate the sample

7. your loop ois ready to timestretch or play at the rigth tempo/time

if you want to use different regions of your loop you can slice it in the esx, check the manual, the esx can slice it for you, then assign it to the steps in a bar so you can turn off each step or even use each slice as a new sample
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: