Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Programmming Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
muziksculp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Programmming Question Reply with quote

Programming Question

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring something simple out, for example, in program mode, select program (INT-B 106) "PanFlute + Overtones", SW1 (the switch above the pitch bend), which is assigned to CC#80 (this can be set in (P1: Basic/DT/Ctrls Controllers setup page, by selecting the "Controller" tab), SW1 Enables/Disables OSC2, which is the overtones sound.

So, when you press SW1 it toggles OSC2 (ON/OFF), to provide the overtone sound when you need it.

My Question is:

Where do you set SW1 as a modulation source and OSC2 as the destination, so that you can enable or disable OSC2 ? I can't seem to find it so far. I must be missing something, and I did check the User Guide, and PG, but still no clue.

Anyone know where this is set in the program ?

Thanks.
muziksculp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this question on the Karma-Lab forums discussions, and got a reply with the proper answer.

So, basically, it is the Filter 2 that was modulated via SW1, this is set in the Filter 2 page.

The low pass filter was set to a default setting of '0' , SW1 would then modulate it to a setting of '+99' to open the filter, and allow OSC2, (The flute overtone sample) to be heard when SW1 is active.

There does not seem to be a way to simply turn OSC1 or OSC2 ON/OFF.

Hope this is helpful to others trying to figure out how to program the M3, and get creative with using switches, and other controllers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: