Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EMS / ESX Modulation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
funkster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: EMS / ESX Modulation Reply with quote

Hi people,

I can never seem to consistantly get a good sound when using modulation on my EMX/ESX, has anyone any tips on how to use modulation properly? Or have any good links to articles?

Thanks!
reddone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are LOADS of good ways to use the modulation , but u need a good tone b4 using it really .

Thre r so many i use that i couldnt get them down here .

Try using it to pan drums or background tones to give movement to ur music .

Ill write some notes then PM you with them .

L8tr
funkster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate, look forward to it Wink
funkster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you manage to get any notes yet together buddy? Smile
reddone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry , 4got .

here goes tho ...

1: clip protect ( amp shaping in modulation section ) .
this is good for 303 tones especially , and is useful 4 other things too.

Try this to learn the process : keep pressing a key and then turn ur "eg int" hard-right n take the cutoff right down . keep pressing and set the modulation to show "amp" and use the bottom wave ( slope ) , then turn the "depth" ( amount ) knob hard-left and do the same for the "speed" ( which now becomes attack time ) .

From there adjust both knobs to suit ur sounds needs . If the sound has a notacble pop/clip then u may need the depth hard left and the speed about three segments in and adjust the depth until u get rid of the irritating noise.

2: use the "mod" to auto pan .

3: select pitch , choose slope and throw the depth into + for drops/hoovers n stuff . use - for sirens n sounds that ride up to key .

4: modulate cutoff with time sync and "motion" seq it if u need for timed out filtering that follows ur groove . square is what works best 4 me .
Use the "random" setting to give nice occasional cut-ins of ur sound.

5: set to modulate osc's to go to and from osc settings . also good when bpm synced .

These should keep u going for now ,

More as i come accross them .

Have fun ....
funkster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot man! Some good ideas there. I will try them out and add to this thread (if anyone cares). I noticed you post a lot on this forum for Electribes, really helpful for noobs, thanks again.

I'm searching to find out how to get sound out of the Audio In on the Electribes now, the manual dosent say much... Im feeding a Yamaha Fb-01 into it but nothing seems to triger it through the Audio In+Comb...
funkster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Electribe Noob Tips 123 Reply with quote

funkster wrote:
I'm searching to find out how to get sound out of the Audio In on the Electribes now, the manual dosent say much... Im feeding a Yamaha Fb-01 into it but nothing seems to triger it through the Audio In+Comb...

Tip 1. If you want o hear the audio from the Audio In, tuen up the Audio In Level!! haha (its at the top right, third dial from the left).

Tip 2. Set a pattern to 1 or two bars, select a Synth Track, make sure Synth Osc is set to Audio In +Comb

Tip 3. Program in some notes on the EMX

Tip 4. Press play on the EMX and twiddle the knobs.

Sounds sweet with the Yamaha FB-01 (which I just picked up cheap on ebay), I just played it with some Ring Mod and a few modulation settings, got some great samples already! Glad I hit record Wink Its kinda got an FM sound with an analogue feel... but I could be totally wrong there! haha

I would like to know how to just route it through the EMX or ESX without having to program any keys on the Electribes and play stright through from the FB-01 (I want the Electribe tube sound really).

Anyone know how?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: