Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg vs motif
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffin Avid wrote:
Quote:
put a korg Oasys in front of a dog and give jordan rudess an old casio...

If you use people with equal talent levels then this point falls apart.

How about jordan rudess using an OASYS OR a Casio. Or better, yet how about not picking a known talent and considering...ME since I'm the person in question. Would I make better sounding music with a better instrument/tools? To the person who is thick- run the same MIDI data through both.

A noob with ProTools HD verse a Master with Fruity Loops or Garage Band. Chopin using a 49 key MIDI controller verse an embryo laying on the bench of a Grand. #$!@

I can't even tell if the original question was serious- with the low post count and horrible spelling (even with one edit done). Using that's sighted as a gimmick post, but whatever. You can make a [insert genre] tune on anything assuming the core sounds are there.

The bigger question is workflow and only the guy asking the question knows about that.

Workstation
Drum Machine
Groove Box
Sampler
Synth
ROMpler
What doesn't work?

I always suggest you get down to the store and demo both to see which one grabs you. Silly to ask about the Motif on the Korg forum...just silly.

The point is that THERE IS NO ONE OUT THERE WITH EQUAL TALENT! take again rudess and on the other side mr wakeman, they are both great keyboard player, you can like one or the other and both of them have different synth and sell million of CD. So you can't still do a comparison.
Regards, Lorenzo
Griffin Avid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So you can't still do a comparison

But you also said:

Quote:
they are both great keyboard player

Quote:
both of them have different synth

Quote:
and sell million of CD.

That's three comparisons and since you picked them both -they are somehow related in your mind.

And you don't have to be so exacting over the word exact. It's relative skill level. So yeah it's possible to differentiate between Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Expert.

Compare two beginners, two people with interme...
Then the gear becomes a subjective choice.

Quote:
What people have to understand talking about music production is that the important isn't the workstation...

But then you're on the Korg M3 forum. Was the purchase a random crap-shoot? Did you go in and say I'm going to buy whatever's closest to the door/checkout?

There's a reason you use what you use. Somewhere you made a choice for a reason. It only sounds good to say it's the artist not the gear.
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't understand what you're saying... at least talking in relation of this subject...
I can still say that there is no way to say what is the best workstation between yamaha kurzweil korg or other without talking in a subject way, so if someone want an objective answer he should ask an objective question ie: what's the difference between karma and motif xs arp, what's the difference between seq on both machines... etc...
If I chose a keyb I simply do this after trying it, or reading the whole manual and finding objective infos on the product.
regards, Lorenzo
p.s. We are OT here so I stop here, if you want to understand my point of view I'll be happy, if you don't I'll be happy anyway.
Griffin Avid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
is that the important isn't the workstation used, but the brain behind it.

and:

Quote:
If I chose a keyb I simply do this after trying it, or reading the whole manual and finding objective infos on the product.

I'm sorry, but is this about the workstation or the brain?
Sounds like you are evaluating the workstation and not yourself.
If it was all about your brain or what you are as an artist then you shouldn't have to spend a second ever choosing a keyboard or production tool. But we do. We all do. You consider, you ponder you second guess, you play with, you reconsider...you go on the internet and seek the opinions of others when you are not sure. You read reviews. You look for a general tone, consensus.

He already has one. He's noticed the tendency of a lot of Hip Hopers claiming the Motif is great for Hip Hop and R&B. Time to tell him so is the M3. Maybe it's not as widely used since it just came out. If you're familiar with the genre and you own an M3- why is it so difficult to say it's as good as the Motif and Fantom- ignoring his skill level and wacky comparisons (using non-Hip Hop artists at that!) ?
wuss88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a go at the latest Motif the other day. Did like the sounds, hated the user interface. Too many buttons for my taste, however they did feel less flimsy than on the M3.
kamarironsen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i got the m3 korg and i love it now i have to read the manual and learn how to work the mother whaler.
Griffin Avid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwmv9tDhzjY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: