Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mixers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anselmi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: mixers Reply with quote

sorry for the offtopic, but i know you could help me with your experience...

itīs about mixers...hey, is for mix my electribes together! Wink

recently i saw the big offert and variety you could find in studio project mixers

some models grab my attention, do you know / try / onw any of this?

Edirol M10DX
http://www.zzounds.com/item--EDIM10DX

itīs about 399 new...(333 in a ebay offert, new)
it seem to be a cute digital mixer with some nice features that looks good in paper but you know, sometimes all that things are useless because of bad audio processing quality or a vicious sound that tends to dominate the mix
it has an automated room sound compensation feature, a kind of master EQ that compensate the room resonances, full parametric EQin each channels and some COSM mastering processor "finalize"
and USB, of course!

a much more small model, the Edirol M10MX like that is a good live mixer if you dont plan to change EQ or need sub-mixes or fx sends...just 5 stereo input, 3 of them suited to mic levels...S/PDIF and optical outputs too...weird in such a little mixer...itīs about 139 new

http://www.zzounds.com/item--EDIM10MX

the other mixers are all analog

mackie 1202 vlz3 - at 299
http://www.zzounds.com/item--MAC1202VLZIII

mackie 1403 vlz3 - at 399
http://www.zzounds.com/item--MAC1402VLZIII

and a really nice surprise:

Allen and Heath ZED14 - at 449
http://www.zzounds.com/item--AAHZED14

what do you think?

the edirol tempted me with its features, but it is as expensive for few channelsit has ... you can get one 1402 vlz3 for 400, so could the edirol be taken as seriously as a mackie vlz in the same price range?

also with 50 dollars extra you can get an allen and heath, complete with 4 aux, and USB, but it is this mixers sufficiently well to be an allen and heath or it is only a step down of a manufacturer respected to enter on the market of small budget studio gear?

in other level of use and price: anyone have the small edirol mixer?...do you think it could be a good utilitary item for live and reduced rigs?

thanks!
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to mix two electribes together you don't even need a mixer... but if u find it really necesary why not only do two channels? or four? Why not a nice dj mixer?

look at what this guy uses? all those boxes and only one three channel mixer with send/return fx....

anselmi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruso wrote:
to mix two electribes together you don't even need a mixer... but if u find it really necesary why not only do two channels? or four? Why not a nice dj mixer?

look at what this guy uses? all those boxes and only one three channel mixer with send/return fx....

cmon ruso!
of course is for more than mix 2 tribes! but itīs a electribe forum so i have to cover my ONtopic cuote talking about the tribes...

i want the mixer for live mixing much more than the tribes but also for having all my s**t wired in my studio...i really hate have to conect a machine when i want to use it...

if anybody knows that mixers i apreciate any comments
Willie K

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you get an audiocard like the RME Multiface? it has 8 ins/8 outs (analog) and a total of 18/18. I use it to conect two tribes,a Micron,a laptop with Guitar rig,8 more channels coming from Ableton Live in another laptop, a Mike (for voice)...and it could be more but I don't have more hands to play.All of these mixed in Totalmix (720 virtual channels), the sound is amazing. I got mine on ebay for $360 including the cardbus. Very Happy
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrmrhm i totally misunderstood what u ment... but since I did theres nothing I can help; you with cause I dont suffer from the same problem and never have had to deal with it since I switched to software... Wink
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

correction I rerad and no I did not misunderstand, your fault for not being clear Wink

but yes list your devices and I'll do my best educational advice for a mixer...
anselmi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruso wrote:
correction I rerad and no I did not misunderstand, your fault for not being clear Wink

but yes list your devices and I'll do my best educational advice for a mixer...

hehehe...thanks ruso
i want the mixer for live and studio use, for have all my gear patched and running
better with a pre-fader send for cue
best audio quality possible
fx ar not required...they ussually sucks
another features as sweepable mids, USB, digital output, insert/master compressor, scene memories are welcome

my gear

korg EMX
korg ESX
korg prophecy
nord micro modular
elektron monomachine
elektron machinedrum (soon)

all stetreo outputs + 2 mono on the nord
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: