Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microKORG midi freak out. WMP controls midi output?!?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hvguy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: microKORG midi freak out. WMP controls midi output?!?! Reply with quote

wow, thought I had a ghost on my hands...

powered up my microkorg felt like playing a few tones before bed and thought of an old midi I herd a while ago, after digging it out of some buried files waaaay back in my many gb's of music, I found it.

double click, and nothing happened.... wth

then my speakers dedicated to my synthesizers started to make some distant melodies.

soo, I paused the midi, then I saw my microkorg changing some setting, selecting different programs and such.

then I realized windows media player uses the usb local midi output to control a device plugged in, instead of its set midi tones microsoft gave it.

along with that, I found out you could select different channels to play with using the edit select knob set to midi.

am I new total newb for finding this out?

=) still fun to mix songs using midi-- also totally messing them up.

korg and xp FTW
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: