Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

playing backing tracks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlstilts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: playing backing tracks Reply with quote

hi was wondering what the best way to play full 3-4 minute backing tracks using my triton? i tryed to load one up and it would not load it said memory overflow but i have the full 64 megs of ram? is there any way to play directly of my zip drive or a betterway to load the track up. thanks
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any samples that go into one ram bank, in totality, cannot exceed 16 Mb.
So, basically although you have 96 Mb, the 6 ram banks are limited to 16 mb each.
dlstilts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, but the triton only takes wave files and i can get an mp3 down to 4 mb but a decent quality wave file is like 30 mb. do you have any ideas on how to compress a wave file down to 16 megs or a better way of playing sampled backing tracks using the triton? thanks
lcmorley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had a Triton Studio or Extreme on the other hand, you would be
able to stream directly off internal/external hard drives.

However, I'm not sure you will be able to do this on a Triton Classic.

Please checkout my music at www.soundcloud.com/lcmorley

My Gear History (from 11 years old until now):
Yamaha PSR-31, Technics KN1000, Technics KN5000, Technics KN7000, Korg PA-80, Korg Triton Classic, Microkorg, Korg Triton Studio, Alesis Ion, Korg Legacy Collection, Korg Triton Extreme, Roland Juno D, Access Virus TI 2, Korg M3, Korg Oasys, Roland TR-8, Korg Kronos 2 88 Platinum.
Marc
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If what you want to do is just play backing tracks for accompanyment, why don't you just play the backing tracks on a CD player and connect it to the Triton? That way you have no issues with the storage capacity and can still use the Triton's effects and to pass the sound through to the same speakers. Easier start and stop too. And you can use a portable unit.

Also, 44.1/16-bit takes about 10MB per minute of audio. I'm not sure if the Triton has a limitation for the sampling rate that it can play back as I don't have the manuals etc. in front of me to look (and don't have the time at work this second to do some research).

I hope this helps,

Marc
dlstilts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thanks. ya i thought i herd somewhere that you could play back tracks on external media through the triton classic.. but mabie it is just the extreme.. ya i might have to go for a cd player but hen i can not link the bpm and it might sound off? i wish there was a midi controlled cd palyer. hmmmm
dlstilts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait..not the bpm.. i mean with a cd player i cant sync the start time of backing track to the start time of the sequencer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: