Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

emx sounds?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inducejack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: emx sounds? Reply with quote

Trying to find list of drum and synth sounds for the emx...I've noticed the ribbon action isnt the same as the esx that I own and am thinking about buying the emx. Or maybe that mfb synth lite 2 not sure yet. advice would be appreciated.
anselmi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually the ribbon action on the ESX and the EMX are the same
in drum parts it controls time signature of triggers, in "melodic" parts (with notes) it controls gates times of the notes while the slider transpose the notes in differents pre-defined scales

the only different action is in the ESX´s slice parts, that EMX lacks

i don´t know what are you meaning about "the EMX sounds"
the synth section doesn´t have presets as is, it saves the sounds settings in each pattern (as in the ESX)...

the drum parts are more limited in terms of synthesis (no filtering) so maybe the samples in it could shows you a more accurate aproximation of what you´ll find in it

anyway the drums section is versatile enough to create some really good rythm tracks from the sample section with some creative tweaking

and you already have the esx, so it´s nota an issue to you

i´ll would choose the EMX over the mfb anytime...it has the sequencer, the fx, the vast oscillator types, the motion sequences, audio input, and buit-in drum section
also it has a great, big, phat sound and a wide palette of timbres while still very easy to program...it´s one of the best creative tools i ever have
it complements the ESX very well...leave the mfb to a future buy and get the EMX, you´ll not be dissapointed

check youtube videos to see it in action (althoug very little of them make justice of the EMX capabilities)
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmhm I'll have to admit I moved on to strictly software but the emx is a phat machine.... it's beefy... I'm not a big fan of the prerecorded drum sounds beacause all of the genres of music I work in use different sounding drums but overall... I think I prefer it over the esx....

oh btw, has anyone been able to find as good of a formant synth as the emx!? OH GOD how did korg come up with this, it's wicked!!! I can't find a vst or anything that can create as good of a formant synth as that... I mean sure there's formant filters but that's not what the formant synthesis is....
reddone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does th esx have the same popping/clipping issues as emx ?

And , for my es-1 can u tell me how to be able to trigger pitch drums/samples from keys . I have read on the es-1 tips page that its possible by software . what settings do i need to assign , and what software ?

I have no desire for an esx really , as the es-1 sound "amazing" thru the Mx . All i like is to be able to play pitched samples from the keys , rather than tweaking / editing .
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they both have the same clipping issues and popping.... they are almost identical machines, the only main difference hardware wise is the overdrive knob and the pattern global midi ect selection buttons.... software wise they're a little bit different but all the "modules" appear to be identical....

one difference between emx and esx is that the overdrive on the emx is not just overdriving and clipping the sound, I think it actually boosts the sound's volume aswell causing extra clipping....

but dude ur missing out not using an esx Wink

mm sorry don't know how to answer ur question tho.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: