Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dont everybody Shoot me at once lol. Es-1 Question, Help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SevenBitPlusOne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: dont everybody Shoot me at once lol. Es-1 Question, Help! Reply with quote

Alright I just got my Es-1 used off of ebay. It was filled with crappy samples so I deleted them all and restored factory defaults to get on my feet. Well I am having trouble loading in my own samples, I know yous all heard this question before but I cant seem to win with just google and the korg forums search bar.

Anyway. My question is, What software can I use to convert from 44khz to 32 khz? And are there any tips to help me get on my feet past the factory default.

Thanks, any and all help is appreciated :]!!

"Loss and Gain are brothers 'twain"

Setup: Alesis Micron, Korg K-49, Fl Studio 7, Ableton Live 4. Soon an Es-1 Smile
reddone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOLDWAVE !!!

It's VERY useful at little things like that . I have used it for years along with more high profile packages .

But .. really , goldwave sees me thru the editing part faster than others .

Also , try using "recycle" !!
It's brilliant at chopping up loops into seperate hits , 1/2 1/4 1/8 1/16 1/32 and so on ..
SevenBitPlusOne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Thanks, but Reply with quote

this is awesome, this definitly helps. Although Im still on the same boat lol. I try to convert them but it only changes the sound, when I go into properties its still 44khz. And I still get Er.4 when I load it in. Step by step these are the things Ive tried.

Way 1 (doesn't work)- Drag .wav files with 00,01,02...99 as their name's, into the root directory and load them on. They are 16 bit and 44khz. I get Er4. from this.

Way 2. I load my sample into Fruityloops and export as a wav file, when I export I lower the bitrate a considerable amount. This works, this gets the sample on the Es 1. BUT heres the problem. It freezes on the loading screen when I first put it in, it saves on the es1 as 00.5, (even though its called 00). And I can only put in one sample at a time, so Im doing something wrong there.

Way 3. I took your program, uploaded the wav I need on the es, selected the whole sound wave and resampled it to 32000, Although it gives me this error where I have to save as, as soon as the change is made. Which I thought was fine but didnt work when I loaded it into the ES. (It WAS still 44.1khz.

Way 4. I found an es1 program that lets you organize your media card. I load the samples into the list, send em on over and try and load them in, its doesnt work. I get Er.4 again.

Please if anyone went through the same problem, help me out. :] Thanks!

P.S. Thanks again red for you help :]!

"Loss and Gain are brothers 'twain"

Setup: Alesis Micron, Korg K-49, Fl Studio 7, Ableton Live 4. Soon an Es-1 Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: