Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Proto Rock M3 Sound Update - Feedback Please
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Proto Rock M3 Sound Update - Feedback Please Reply with quote

"Proto Rock", our new collection of sounds for the M3 is nearly complete. It will be ready the last week in November. The collection contains 64 programs/64 combis and 50 megs of new multi samples.

We wanted to get some feedback from the M3 community as to what you would like to see in the collection and hope that we can incorporate some of your requests into the few remaining combis that we are working on.

Please remember that the theme of the new soundbank is "ROCK" so try and keep your requests along those lines.

I've updated our web site with a bunch of new audio demos, sound lists and a You Tube video which I hope you will enjoy. You can find everything at;

http://www.kidnepro.com/KN/Korg/M3/M3_Main.html

Just finished up "Argent @ Gaelic Park".

Thanks for your support and your comments.

Proton
Kid Nepro Productions
http://www.kidnepro.com
spinoria

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Classic sounds for rock and funk.... Reply with quote

I really would like to a collection of hammond B3 sounds that take advantage of the fact that there are 8 sliders on the M3.

My wish is Hammond, Hammond, Hammond and some Hammond.

Also classic keyboards like the Wurlitzer piano, Rhodes, Hohner D6 clavinet.
Yamaha CP-80 would also be great.

IMHO you can skip the guitar sounds. Who the hell want's to listen to something that almost sounds like a guitar. Put that work into some nasty synth lead sounds.

I love classic keyboards.
Novation Ultranova, Korg M3 73, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Korg Poly 800 MK2, Korg Kaossilator, Korg Trident MK1, Nord Electro 3, Kurzweil PC3X, Kurzweil K2500X, Virus TI 61 , Alesis Micron, Kurzweil K2000, Kurzweil K2500R, Yamaha SK20, Hammond C3+ Leslie R22, PC running Brainspawn Forte with EMU Soundcard + IK Multimedia Sampletank 2.0 + Sonik Synth + Miroslav Philharmonik, Logic Mainstage Smile
spinoria

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: A little bit of the topic but... Reply with quote

This might be a little bit of the topic but you must now how the USB-expansions will work.

Can you explain to me how the USB-expansions installs in the Korg M3. Will the USB-expansions be installed in the EXB-M256 expansion?
Novation Ultranova, Korg M3 73, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Korg Poly 800 MK2, Korg Kaossilator, Korg Trident MK1, Nord Electro 3, Kurzweil PC3X, Kurzweil K2500X, Virus TI 61 , Alesis Micron, Kurzweil K2000, Kurzweil K2500R, Yamaha SK20, Hammond C3+ Leslie R22, PC running Brainspawn Forte with EMU Soundcard + IK Multimedia Sampletank 2.0 + Sonik Synth + Miroslav Philharmonik, Logic Mainstage Smile
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EX-USB-PCM programs and combis will be written to internal memory. The samples, however, will have to be loaded into the RAM banks each time you power up.
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kid, you are doing a great job.

I was a big Argent fan and I am intrigued on what your plans are
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groovy ...Like Really WOW Man! Ravi and George! Peace and Love!!

I agree..no guitar. Like to see WAVESTATION anything...or World Sounds such as "African Angels" combi on the Korg MicroX.
Spark
Sofine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Classic sounds for rock and funk.... Reply with quote

spinoria wrote:
I really would like to a collection of hammond B3 sounds that take advantage of the fact that there are 8 sliders on the M3.

My wish is Hammond, Hammond, Hammond and some Hammond.

Also classic keyboards like the Wurlitzer piano, Rhodes, Hohner D6 clavinet.
Yamaha CP-80 would also be great.

IMHO you can skip the guitar sounds. Who the hell want's to listen to something that almost sounds like a guitar. Put that work into some nasty synth lead sounds.

I love classic keyboards.

I second this. More classic keys, I think the M3 is sorely lacking on this front
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
Like to see WAVESTATION anything...or World Sounds such as "African Angels" combi on the Korg MicroX.

Yes please!

Laughing
Bubba

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kid Nepro, (Dear Santa) I would like to see some nice splits. For instance, really fat analog brass/synth stabs in the left and some ripping "send chills through your body" synth leads in the right. Make the joy stick respond to the right side synth lead. It would be nice to have it control the filter cutoff with a little modulation action going on as well. You could assign the ribbon controller to manipulate effects of the left side analog brass. Also, a driving drum pattern would certainly enhance the experience.

Jazz- jazz drum loop going with acoustic fretless bass in KARMA and the 4-way grand on top across the entire board! Nice fast tempo...

A really nice, expressive piano and strings. Make me cry...

Nice, crazy motion synth in the left with killer synth lead in the right!!!
Laughing
purveyor2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kid Nepro,

To echo the above sentiments, think classic keys where the m3 factory soundsets are lacking.

Think nord electro/nord stage soundsets. Heavy on EPs, Organs plus some mellotron! and some classic synth patches like haunting theremins, choirs.

Looking forward to the release.
bctines

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey Kid, you are doing a great job.

Ditto
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Classic sounds for rock and funk.... Reply with quote

spinoria wrote:
Who the hell want's to listen to something that almost sounds like a guitar.

OMG. It's a synth. Everything almost sounds like a real instrument.

With that being said....

More guitars, please! Razz
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I appreciate the positive response. Your feedback has given me some new ideas which will help me finish things up.

In addition to the type of instruments you would like to see, are there any classic rock groups/songs that you would like to see emulated?

Yeah, all my stars seem to be in the right alignment for this project. Everything is flowing really well. It's been a labor of love since I'm a big fan of this type of music.

Time to brew up another pot of expresso and get back into the studio!

Proton 'Very Happy'
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kid_nepro_2002 wrote:

In addition to the type of instruments you would like to see, are there any classic rock groups/songs that you would like to see emulated?
'Very Happy'

Elton Johns "Lucy in the Sky" version ..or You would have your work cut out for you with Lennon's "No.9 Dream" and Stevie Wonders "Superstition" which are both real classics!!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kid_nepro_2002 wrote:
Thanks to everyone for your replies. I appreciate the positive response. Your feedback has given me some new ideas which will help me finish things up.

'

Sure ! Figure out the electric violin of Eddie Jobson of UK. Or Jerry Goodman of Mahavishnu

The ring modulated Fender Rhodes of Jan Hammer would be cool

and program Karma for a Billy Cobham drumming
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: