Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tribe sending everything via MIDI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HungryHoller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: tribe sending everything via MIDI Reply with quote

I'm trying to have my tribe (esx-1) trigger a soft synth that comes with Logic express. I've tried just selecting the keyboard part on the tribe to be the only thing that Logic picks up, but my drum parts are triggering the synth as well. Help!
Also, do the soft synths that come with Logic Express count as MIDI instruments?

Thanks. You guys rock.
musikmachine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: tribe sending everything via MIDI Reply with quote

HungryHoller wrote:
I'm trying to have my tribe (esx-1) trigger a soft synth that comes with Logic express. I've tried just selecting the keyboard part on the tribe to be the only thing that Logic picks up, but my drum parts are triggering the synth as well. Help!
Also, do the soft synths that come with Logic Express count as MIDI instruments?

Thanks. You guys rock.

Your probably receiving on all midi channels in Logic.Just set your midi in to the corresponding channel on the esx.I don't know what they are but it's 1-6 for the synth parts and 10 on my emx.If you press the midi button on your sx then press each part it will tell you which midi channel the part is on and you can change them.So if synth part 1 is midi channel 1 and you want to control your softsynth,set your softsynth to receive midi on channel 1 only.otherwise it will receive midi messages from other channels which is why the drums are triggering it also,it's receiving all 16 channels.
Yes they are midi instruments(just virtual).Midi is the standard protocol by which hardware devices such as the emx and software communicate.Hope this helps Smile
HungryHoller

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeaarggg....I tried fiddling with Logic's MIDI settings and messed with the environment. My tribe MIDI settings look gravy, but my logic synths are responding to everything the tribe puts out. I tried changing the midi channel setting to 2 (my tribe's keyboard part that I wanna xmit). I tried using the MIDI utility in the utilities folder and set the tribe to only xmit on channel 2 but that didn't work. Any other suggestions?
musikmachine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HungryHoller wrote:
Yeaarggg....I tried fiddling with Logic's MIDI settings and messed with the environment. My tribe MIDI settings look gravy, but my logic synths are responding to everything the tribe puts out. I tried changing the midi channel setting to 2 (my tribe's keyboard part that I wanna xmit). I tried using the MIDI utility in the utilities folder and set the tribe to only xmit on channel 2 but that didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Very Happy

So your logic synth is set to receive midi from the mx on one channel?Have you got another host you can try it in?I'll check it with a vst plugin myself but in live the midi channel you select is the one the synth will receive on,it'll only be triggered by everything if i select all ins,so as long as you select channel 2 in logic all other channels should be filtered out..but i'm not a logic user so i don't know what settings to check.If you select each part does it play the synth from the mx keypads?If so your synth is receiving midi on all channels so check your midi ins and outs and make sure only the track you want to transmit is the only one going to your synth in logic.Also check the manual,maybe it's some setting you've missed.

Let me know if get it sorted Smile
HungryHoller

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm using the "synths" that come with Logic Express (exp24, es1, esp, etc...). They have a midi channel selection that I change to two, but it's still being triggered by everything the korg puts out. The environment didn't really help me, and i messed with that extensively. I don't have another host to try either. Each part i play on the tribe makes the synth play, including channel two (the second keyboard part on the tribe).

Man, if I can't get this to work with one stinkin' MIDI device and logic express, I'm a damn fool!
Thanks for your help, and sorry for the late reply. I thought I had set my profile to send me an email whenever I had a post reply, but I guess I didn't.
musikmachine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HungryHoller wrote:
Well, I'm using the "synths" that come with Logic Express (exp24, es1, esp, etc...). They have a midi channel selection that I change to two, but it's still being triggered by everything the korg puts out. The environment didn't really help me, and i messed with that extensively. I don't have another host to try either. Each part i play on the tribe makes the synth play, including channel two (the second keyboard part on the tribe).

Man, if I can't get this to work with one stinkin' MIDI device and logic express, I'm a damn fool!
Thanks for your help, and sorry for the late reply. I thought I had set my profile to send me an email whenever I had a post reply, but I guess I didn't.

I sequenced softsynths with the mx a while ago.I'll check my settings.Have you tried the midi filter settings?If you disable note on messages that should stop the mx but i'm not sue if you'll still be able to sequence.It could be you need to filter something that the mx is sending to logic,try different settings.
HungryHoller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The filter settings in the tribe would block all note events, so I can't do that. Any logic users in here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: