Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sticky keys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
charlie67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: sticky keys Reply with quote

Has anyone had the experience of PA 50 keys that are slightly sticky. keyboard keys that are slightly sticky to the touch. I'm not too concerned at the moment but in future my keyboard may need cleaning, and it is less than one year old. does anyone have thoughts on this? Thanks for your ideas and suggestionns.
charlie67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I ought to explain myself a little better. When I say sticky keys, I mean that some keys Appear to be slightly stuck before they will depress under finger pressure. I don't mean they stick to my fingers. My keyboard is not in a dusty environment but what else can it be? Thank you once again for any suggestions.
jinxby

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had a couple of sticking keys but on a Pa50...solved by dismantling...not as difficult as you may think. The screws are all accessed from the base, so you need to turn instrument over onto a bed or something similar, to prevent the knobs and keys being damaged. Remove the screws (I did this a while ago, I think it's the ones in the square holes about 16 of them...it will become evident...the correct holes are the ones along the bottom of the keybed near the front, so if they're round, then all the screws in round holes ), have a jar handy to keep the screws together! Then turn the instrument over the right way up, while holding top cover as well as base. Ease off the top cover and prop it up, it's probably got some cables to the push buttons and display panel. At this point, take a digital photo of as it is! The keys are in octaves, but also each octave is in a set of 3 and 4 white keys, and probably 5 black keys, like banana bunches. Unscrew the 5 screws which hold the octave (s) of the sticking keys, ease off the 2 sets of white keys and the set of black keys. In the uderside you will see some slots with white grease and on the keybed there are some pegs which stop the keys being forced sideways...this is where the jamming happens...spreads the white grease on the 'offending' pegs...re-assemble...hey presto....I hope! Other option...back to the dealer...Afwan...Jinxby
charlie67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jinxby for your post. If things get worse on my keyboard, I'll give that a try.
charlie67

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some pictures of korg pa50 interior (hopefully)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA80 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: