Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tube replacement ..??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timswiley

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:35 pm    Post subject: Thanks for Legit reply instead of Garbage by Shrike Reply with quote

until i hit page 2 on this subject i was so PO'd at Shrike and his butt kissing friend. I mean the poster asked a legit question regardless of his reasons. And now 2020 many of us who love our TE's are now hitting this issue. Thank God it wasn't Shrike who had the last answer.

I too have replaced several parts on my TE including the touch screen and saw the valve force housing assembly there at that time... Working on these things isn't super ez but with some careful planning, preparation and plenty of digital photo to refer back to but doing the job wasn't that bad at all if you're careful and prepare well.

And now i'm starting to have tube light problems shortly after installing MOSS (Not sure if that is a coincidental or not) but anyhow thanks to slain_by_silence for the legit replies and follow up. As well as the tune/model info. So far my tube still sonically appears to be doing the job but my eyebrows are a little raised...
Tommyboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject: Ditto Reply with quote

It's a few days from 2021 and I just bought a Triton Extreme 76.
So if the tube dies, I would definitely change it myself. It's just amazing how all the folks that have no mechanical aptitude are so snobbish and opinionated. Then again, I have guy friends that can't even change the oil in their cars. Some have it, some don't. I just joined this forum hoping to talk about sound creation and share patches and maybe learn a thing or two along the way. So thanks to the guys who give advice without egos.
Brysonpricemusic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Ditto Reply with quote

Tommyboy wrote:
It's a few days from 2021 and I just bought a Triton Extreme 76.
So if the tube dies, I would definitely change it myself. It's just amazing how all the folks that have no mechanical aptitude are so snobbish and opinionated. Then again, I have guy friends that can't even change the oil in their cars. Some have it, some don't. I just joined this forum hoping to talk about sound creation and share patches and maybe learn a thing or two along the way. So thanks to the guys who give advice without egos.

Do you have any resources on how to change the tube? I would like to try 😁
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a YouTube video showing the disassembly of the Triton Extreme here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYTTwLX5p0o

My preference would be to rest the keyboard on seat cushions or a mattress to protect the knobs, encoder, and joystick.

The point at which the Valve Force tube assembly is exposed is at around 2:27 into the video. At this point it should be reasonably apparent how to remove the tube and replace it.

There are two adjustment pots on the KLM-2474 Valve Force PCB. These are probably best left alone, though they may need adjustment if the replacement tube has markedly different characteristics from the original part. There is no mention of the pot adjustment procedure for the Triton Extreme, although other Korg products that use Valve Force tubes e.g. Electribe EMX, do have details of the adjustment process.

bpoodoo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:

There are two adjustment pots on the KLM-2474 Valve Force PCB. These are probably best left alone, though they may need adjustment if the replacement tube has markedly different characteristics from the original part. There is no mention of the pot adjustment procedure for the Triton Extreme, although other Korg products that use Valve Force tubes e.g. Electribe EMX, do have details of the adjustment process.

The Triton Extreme service manual schematic sheet for the Valve Force PCB reads "Usually rotate VR1 and VR2 to the end of the left side". But yes, I agree, leave them wherever they are. There are some voltage and current values listed on that sheet that might be the target values if any pot adjustments are needed.
Animal

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also replaced my tube - the original one worked, but I decided to try a new, fresh one. It had Electro-Harmonix 12AU7 tube, I replaced it with the same make and model. The sound difference is small though, but at least I have a spare Smile My tube cover was already attached with gaffer tape instead of the original glue, so I didn't need to disassemble my keyboard, although it's a bit difficult to get the tube out (you need to wiggle and pull carefully).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: