Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OASYS in the Netherlands (Holland)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad B

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: OASYS in the Netherlands (Holland) Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking into purchasing an OASYS, but it seems it is rather hard to do so up until now. Im confident I can order somewhere right away, but, naturally, eventhough my mind is pretty much set - I would like to 'try-before-I-buy' anyway. In all cases so far, the stores do not have an OASYS to demo. One store offered to ring Korg Sales to arrange something but I haven't heard from them since eventhough they promised to ring back if this would work or not.

They explained to me that musicstores are not allowed to sell Korg OASYS if they don't have a machine to demo (is this true?) and thus it would be hard for them to pull the right strings.

A big store I visited today that does sell (advertise) the OASYS told me that they had the OASYS for demo up until a couple of weeks/months ago when it was sold to someone. I asked if they would be getting a new demo stand but they said that's not going to happen since they only managed to sell the previous demo-machine within a year (which partially scares me a little).

Any Dutch OASYS owners that can give any advise on where they got their big O? Or Korg insiders that can give me any general advise on how to go about this?

Regards,

Brad
Arend Groot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brad,

I am living in the Netherlands but I bought My Oasys 88 in Belgium http://www.muselec.be/products.aspx?SearchBy=oasys in september 2005. It cost me 6700 euro and was the best price back then.

I never demoed the Oasys Wink

Did you try Morel music, I would suspect that they have a Oasys to demo ?

Arend
Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I know only one possible outcome of testing an Oasys: wanting to buy it as soon as you can afford it. Wink

Obviously that doesn't help. Embarassed I'm from Austria and it wasn't easy here either. I bought mine from thomann.de who offers a money-back-guarantee in case you don't like it (at least he offered that last year). Don't know wether they ship to the Netherlands - just look it up on the internet.
Brad B

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips,

I'll be checking those then - haven't had any time today to give them a ring to ask if they have any on demo (Morel). I know thomann.de - seems pretty sound but still am hesitant to buy over internet and/or out of the country. It would be such a hassle if it had to be returned for repairs or for any other support issue. Ofcourse I hope that'll never be necessary ofcourse.

Arend, you got a very good deal there! Thanks again for the info - I can't wait to get face to face with the big "O" Very Happy
Tareq

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad b probeer de muziek winkel in gouda het is heel goedkoop daar als ze het maar hebben Wink
BartVH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Try "Muziek & Visie" in Antwerp. Reply with quote

I have bought mine in "Muziek & Visie", a music store in Antwerp.
They were able to arrange a demo on my request, but I had to wait some time.
So if you want to go there for a demo, it's best to arrange it first with them via the phone.
Brad B

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

thanks to everyone, (and paulifra in special), who helped me look in the right places! I played, I tried, and I bought Wink so I now have my OASYS76 at last. The search is over - Hooray! Very Happy

pic coming soon ...

Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: